Pre-match thread

MaVilla

Having Taylor and Lansbury definitely back (according to recent OS post), makes it much easier to rest certain players.  Hutton and McGinn must be rested now.  McGinn at least for an hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Having Taylor and Lansbury definitely back (according to recent OS post), makes it much easier to rest certain players.  Hutton and McGinn must be rested now.  McGinn at least for an hour.

No matter how long a rest we give hutton it won't improve his ability to defend and his diabolical positioning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No matter how long a rest we give hutton it won't improve his ability to defend and his diabolical positioning.

Given that Smith keeps starting him, would you rather a fresh Hutton or a **** knackered one?  You don't get to choose an alternative, because Smith won't.

• Haha 1

Surely it's a no-brainer to play Kalinic here? Relatively low stakes game, but a competitive one nonetheless, perfect way to bed him in.

Other than that I'm not too fussed. McGinn and Chester the obvious players that need resting, and assuming they're all fit and able O'Hare, JDH and Lansbury should all be getting a look in.

Davis over Hogan also. I wouldn't be surprised if they both got minutes but if it's one over the other Davis is a decent young player that has been ravaged by injuries while Hogan is an absolute lost cause at this stage.

16 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Surely it's a no-brainer to play Kalinic here? Relatively low stakes game, but a competitive one nonetheless, perfect way to bed him in.

Other than that I'm not too fussed. McGinn and Chester the obvious players that need resting, and assuming they're all fit and able O'Hare, JDH and Lansbury should all be getting a look in.

Davis over Hogan also. I wouldn't be surprised if they both got minutes but if it's one over the other Davis is a decent young player that has been ravaged by injuries while Hogan is an absolute lost cause at this stage.

Wouldn't be opposed to both starting to be honest and have kodjia on the bench.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Suliman not available for tomorrow. I think Smith dies not rate him from the sounds of things.

Had his loan cut short in the dutch league. Not surprised. He clearly isn't good enough, and will be gone in the summer. 

Let Revan or Beadeau get a chance. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Really don’t care about the result. Rest as many first team players as possible.

Same. I think Smith feels the same. Luckily Tammy is not playing. Hopefully rests for bolaise chester mcginn hourihane 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not caring if we lose is a defeatist attitude we’ve had for too many years at this club. We should care, and we should want to win and go to the next round. Let’s not add to the bit of a sticky run we’ve had. 

Ok, I’ll amend my thoughts.

I hope we win, but I hope we rest as many key players as possible.

• Like 3