VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

Shall we make it 11?

Guy Webster, whose photographs adorned album covers and billboards for acts like The Rolling Stones, The Mamas and The Papas, The Beach Boys, The Doors and Simon & Garfunkel, has died, his daughter Sarah Webster confirmed to Variety. He was 79. According to Harvey Kubernik, Webster’s biographer, he had been suffering from diabetes and liver cancer.

19 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Albert Finney, 82.

That's a shame. Tremendous talent and a versatile actor. Saturday Night and Sunday Morning is a personal favourite of mine. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well that's shit.  Great actor.

Saw him perform on stage  at Woking theatre one time  .. even better in the flesh so to speak

passed him on the escalators  whilst shopping as well  , don't think anyone recognised him for shame   ..thinking about it same escalator I saw Rik Mayall on that time   ..maybe we've got one of those jinx things going on  .. time to invite Michael McIntyre to Woking

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

Albert Finney, 82.

Real shame this.  Best remembered for Scrooge I suppose and he was a very good Scrooge.  

I still smile at some of his lines in Skyfall though - "welcome to Scotland",  "what did you say do did for a living".  Also calling James Bond a "jumped up little shit".   :crylaugh:

RIP. 

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh no, this is a bad one. 

He used to play for Liverpool
He's only 24
Now he plays at Villa Park 
And this is what we roar: 
Ian Ross Ian Ross Ian Ross   :(

FB_IMG_1549797674041.jpg

He went to the Liverpool v Arsenal game and fell ill later that evening with pneumonia and was rushed to the hospital. They just couldn't make him better and eventually he lapsed into a coma. The Life Support was switched off on Thursday or Friday. All very sad

• Sad 2

There should be a new thread about ex or old Villa players who have died in my opinion, rather than mixed up in this one...as much as Albert Finney was a good actor and Jim Dunlop made good plectrums they don't belong in the same thread as Ian Ross IMO

My thoughts are with his family. Very sad, saw him play for us many times including the 1975 cup final, a great player and captain for us... RIP

Ian Ross - Holte Ender In The Sky

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

There should be a new thread about ex or old Villa players who have died in my opinion, rather than mixed up in this one...as much as Albert Finney was a good actor and Jim Dunlop made good plectrums they don't belong in the same thread as Ian Ross IMO

My thoughts are with his family. Very sad, saw him play for us many times including the 1975 cup final, a great player and captain for us... RIP

Ian Ross - Holte Ender In The Sky

It's perfectly Ok to start a topic in the Villa Talk section to discuss Ian Ross, his career at Villa and his sad demise. It wouldn't be considered a duplicate topic as such

• Thanks 1

Â