• Kodjia
    • Abraham
    • Bolasie (Adomah 61)
    • El Ghazi (Kodjia 61)
    • Whelan (Hourihane 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/19 at 15:00

21 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

QPR fans are trying to create a rivalry between us when in reality no one cares about them. The most pointless club in existence. 

Even QPRs actual rivals don't give a **** about them.

A nothing club.

On 01/01/2019 at 14:03, OutByEaster? said:

The keeper took the slightest of flicks from Kodjia, there was next to nothing in it - it took seven minutes for the physios to ask him if he was alright and comb his eyebrows a few times - in so far as I could see, there was no blood.

reputed to have swollen nose and two black eyes - or so they say

joel.jpg

3 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

reputed to have swollen nose and two black eyes - or so they say

joel.jpg

Guess it's a good thing we have the rules we do regarding head contact.

To be fair to @OutByEaster? he could be right about it being the slightest of clips. However at the pace that they met that would be enough to do damage.

If it was an outfield player they would have come off straight away at the first sign of blood and done the assessment on the side of the pitch.

Because it was a goalkeeper, him going off even temporarily while play continued would have meant an outfield player going in goal for the time being for QPR.

A significant disadvantage for QPR.

Whilst all the delays were very frustrating and poor sportsmanship from QPR I think it's safe to say in hindsight this incident was probably well dealt with.

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Guess it's a good thing we have the rules we do regarding head contact.

To be fair to @OutByEaster? he could be right about it being the slightest of clips. However at the pace that they met that would be enough to do damage.

Odd as it might sound - I was side on to this and level with it and didn't see a drop of blood at the ground. I would guess the same would have been true from the Holte End for most people . He was sort of surrounded by the physios and referee so most fans in the ground had no idea there was any damage. In that regard I owe him an apology. He went on to milk it for all he was worth, and the physio went beyond what would usually be acceptable, but there was certainly contact, it certainly caused him a nasty knock and the QPR fans can look at it and ask why Kodjia was allowed to stay on. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He went on to milk it for all he was worth, and the physio went beyond what would usually be acceptable

I think that might be unfair on the physios (and the keeper probably. From the TV it looked like he tried to get up pretty early on and the physios kept him lying down). With the continued increased attention on head injuries I think we're likely to see this kind of time taken all the time.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that might be unfair on the physios (and the keeper probably. From the TV it looked like he tried to get up pretty early on and the physios kept him lying down). With the continued increased attention on head injuries I think we're likely to see this kind of time taken all the time.

The physios had a lot of stick from the crowd and they were leaving the field with the keeper having already picked up the ball and talking to the ref about taking the kick - one of them, in response to the crowd, came back to the keeper, stood between him and the ref and vaselined his eyebrows - it wasn't even really treatment, just a reaction to the crowd designed to wind them up as he was (possibly rightly) angry about having been barracked whilst treating him for the cut. It's that one that for me was wrong - it was a deliberate action with no medical value that was about getting his own back on the crowd and Abraham and wasting a bit of time. I've not problem with the treatment, it's the bit of extra after it that annoyed me.

Meh, I think that football is entertainment and that if you're injured then it's important to get the correct treatment, but if it going to take 10 minutes, whilst 38,000 people have to wait frustrated and to the significant disadvantage to the other team then you need to be substituted so that the game can go on. Sorry, but watching a physio mess around with a minor head injury isn't what people pay money to watch.  

If he had a spinal injury or a serious head injury, no problem, wait as there is no other way. He got a knick that cut him, there was no significant blow to his head. They would have been able to tell quite quickly (within a few minutes) if he had a serious head injury, or a concussion, when they realised that he didn't they took it as an opportunity to waste more time. 

The time wasting was a clear strategy set out before the game, they were all in on it, even seemingly the medical staff.

Its poor sportsmanship and I would be embarrassed if we did that. 

Â