• Kodjia
    • Abraham
    • Bolasie (Adomah 61)
    • El Ghazi (Kodjia 61)
    • Whelan (Hourihane 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/19 at 15:00

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m so fed up of hearing this. What makes you think we have the best squad in the league? We dont have one decent defender. We are decent going forward with Grealish in the side, but best squad in the league? Absolutely no chance. 

I don't think we have a very good squad at all. I haven't for quite some time. Most Villa fans overrate their own players and undervalue players they don't know that well. 

It's not on Smith though. He has had us playing some really nice football compared to the dross Bruce served up. Lets let Smith work a couple of windows before we get worried about this and that. 

• Like 3

Very disappointing display our poorest under Smith ,hard to see us mounting any promotion push defensively we are atrocious look like we will concede 2/3 every game players making too many individuals errors ,Hutton is after turning into a massive liability  and if it isn’t him it’s Elmo struggling we badly need new full backs the frustrating thing is if we got ourselves in order we would have a serious chance of going up no real outstanding sides in champ this year we have a massive amount of improving to do .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m so fed up of hearing this. What makes you think we have the best squad in the league? We dont have one decent defender. We are decent going forward with Grealish in the side, but best squad in the league? Absolutely no chance. 

Name one better and list their best 18!

• Like 1

Felt just like a game under Bruce. Their time wasting was quite ridiculous but we shouldn't have even been in that position. Like others have said devoid of ideas, the free flowing attacking football seems to have disappeared and we've gone back to type. 

I'm sure fatigue plays its part but all teams are in the same boat. We need major improvement but many of our players are mediocre championship standard. 

Starting to worry top 6 is going to be a real challenge from here. 1 win in 6 and 3 points from our last 4 home games. Not good enough.

I actually thought about given Smith a "poor" rating for today's game, but ended up giving him an average. He and his coaches are allowing Hutton to do what he wants on match day and it's proving really costly.

What do they coach him to do during the week? When he's back defending he insists on taking up a CB's position leaving acres of space for the winger he's meant to be marking and blocking.

However, that's not the only problem .... How many times do we see him sprinting past Bolasie or Kodjia shouting for the ball, and being hopelessly out of position on the 99% of occasions when the move breaks down?

The sight of Hutton ambling back to where he should have been in the first place after yet another potentially costly dereliction of duty is p*ssing me off!

Every manager of every team we play targets that space that Hutton wilfully leaves. It's a free hit for them!

I'm a huge fan of Smith's and the sooner he's able to discard the players who are repeatedly costing us, the better it will be for him.

• Like 3

Terrible no umph in the team,Hutton crap,Kodj threw his usual strops and didnt run,Bolaise touches the ball and ends up 10 yards infront of him,Hourihane well couldnt pass for toffee,terrible game was like watching a Bruce game

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

We’re 10th. 

What has that got to do with anything? If Bruce was still in charge we would be in the relegation zone but the squad would be the same.

If you can't name one better squad of players and list them then your argument is over.

A much better performance today with 22 shots (double that of QPR) and an entertaing game.

Clearly we need to concede less if we're going to progress as a team but we have Taylor coming back, a new goalkeeper now available and hopefully we'll strengthen defensively in January.

All is not lost. UTV.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

A much better performance today with 22 shots (double that of QPR) and an entertaing game.

Shocked to read this, I thought I was going to drift off in the second half. I think that was as poor a game as we've played all season. Certainly the worst under Smith, by far. 

• Like 1

Just now, pacbuddies said:

What has that got to do with anything? If Bruce was still in charge we would be in the relegation zone but the squad would be the same.

If you can't name one better squad of players and list them then your argument is over.

I just can’t be bothered and it’s not an argument.

Do you genuinely think we have the best squad in the league? Truthfully? 

I’ve not heard many on here say that to be honest, it’s just surprised me that’s all. I can’t think of many teams above us that would have one of our back 4 in their team. 

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe we do have the best squad in the league and it’s down to sheer bad luck that we’re languising in mid table. Be interested to hear others thoughts on this. Personally, I think we need 4 or 5 new defenders to be considered the best squad in the league.

• Like 1

That second half was dreadful, the worst we have played under Smith and a return to hoofball of the worst order. How on earth can Abraham be left so isolated when we are at home to QPR?

The formation isn't helping when the midfield are so far away from the attack, we are left trying to make passes that none of our team can make. Serious changes are needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poitier said:

That second half was dreadful, the worst we have played under Smith and a return to hoofball of the worst order. How on earth can Abraham be left so isolated when we are at home to QPR?

The formation isn't helping when the midfield are so far away from the attack, we are left trying to make passes that none of our team can make. Serious changes are needed.

Changes?! What changes!! We have the best squad in the league. If we stick with this lot, we’ll get promoted. 

Is what Pacbuddies thinks.

We did a decent job of moving the ball through midfield and getting players positioned to have an impact.

Unfortunately there was no end product, we were short of any cutting edge today.

Had all the territory and the ball where we wanted it in build up for the most part. So it's a shame that we've let in another two goals.

We lacked any impetus where it counts for most, in the final third of the pitch. It is fair to say we let ourselves down here.

We occupied the space but didn't have the calibre of supply needed to ensure that our attacks penetrated their defense.

Unfortunately it was no where near good enough to threaten their goal and to surmount the 2 goals we conceded.

I personally don't think it was as dire as people are making out.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, andym said:

We look slow. Not sure if its fatigue, or we just have slow players

We have for a while I think, really not sure why. Other teams simply doing it better. We have had every chance to be knocking on automatics door by now, we must have dropped double the amount of points from winning positions than any other team?

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

We did a decent job of moving the ball through midfield and getting players positioned to have an impact.

Unfortunately there was no end product, we were short of any cutting edge today.

Had all the territory and the ball where we wanted it in build up for the most part. So it's a shame that we've let in another two goals.

We lacked any impetus where it counts for most, in the final third of the pitch. It is fair to say we let ourselves down here.

We occupied the space but didn't have the calibre of supply needed to ensure that our attacks penetrated their defense.

Unfortunately it was no where near good enough to threaten their goal and to surmount the 2 goals we conceded.

I personally don't think it was as dire as people are making out.

It wasn't really, because the issues that we are suffering from are easily curable. A settled back 4 with players in their natural positions will help the whole team and key players coming back from injury will improve us over night. 

It was however really quite frustrating, QPR hit us on the break twice because we gave the ball away needlessly. We were clearly the better team but we struggled to penetrate their defence when it was clear that QPR were ripe for the taking. 

The 'blend' in the team doesn't feel right at the moment, that's because we've been left in a mess by Steve Bruce, but I think we will improve in the second half of the season. 

• Like 1

Â