Week 17 - Steelers and Ravens in the Brown stuff

Tegis

8 hours ago, Tegis said:

And we passed the Bills, got the 9th pick, lovely

We brought Blake Bortles back into the fold for the game winning drive against Miami, which has  allowed NYG to nab the pick before ours . None of the current top 5 pick holders will draft a QB unless somebody trades out .( I wouldn't rule out Gruden doing something stupid though)

Bortles basically cockblocked the team from finding his own replacement which is such a Jags move .😂

I do think there are some very good prospects declaring however,  especially if Heisman winner Kyler Murray turns down Oakland Athletics who have already drafted him into PED rounders.

I also think there should be at least 2 guys left who will be better than Keenum at the 9th pick btw.

8 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I also think there should be at least 2 guys left who will be better than Keenum at the 9th pick btw.

tenor.gif

Lets hope Kubiak makes the call and not Elway. Our last draft was money. The NFL still hasn't decided between us and Buffalo for the 9th pick. Might be a cointoss

Edited by Tegis

15 minutes ago, Tegis said:

tenor.gif

Lets hope Kubiak makes the call and not Elway. Our last draft was money

I watched 2 Missouri games in full this season and I'm sure Elway was at both games . 

I think he likes the dude with the quarterbacky name.

• Like 1

Can anyone who saw the game, and has more knowledge than I, explain why the Browns went for it on 4th down, 39 yards out, with just over a minute left, when a FG would have sufficed?

I've seen fans on other comment pages saying the OC should be gone for such shit playcalling.

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Can anyone who saw the game, and has more knowledge than I, explain why the Browns went for it on 4th down, 39 yards out, with just over a minute left, when a FG would have sufficed?

I've seen fans on other comment pages saying the OC should be gone for such shit playcalling.

56/57 yard kicks aren’t automatic...

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The goalposts are THAT far behind the line?

Its distance to the line plus 17 yards for a FG? The goalposts are 10 yards back in the end zone plus a 7 yard snap to the kicker. 

56 yards would have been an ask

Still think we should have run the ball through the downs  - we may have got 8/9 yards further forward and made it easier. 

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Perhaps it was a mistake to go for it but Kitchens has done a great job as OC in the last 8 games - he's turned Baker into a stud

• Like 1

Cracking game at Baltimore - just one game too far for Cleveland. 

I thought we would get spanked at HT but came out in the second half and were great.

Lots to look forward to for next season now. 

On 31/12/2018 at 00:44, Tegis said:

Somebody revive @Dante_Lockhart please

I was raging a lot that game. Really thought our stout defence was going to crumble for the third year in a row. Why they didn't attempt the FG instead I'll never know.

Watching the salty tears flow at the Steelers game was worth the stress though.

Â