Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

McLaren has QPR playing well and we’ve issues throughout the side, think this will be a draw.

Spoke to a QPR fan today, who said they are worried about getting walloped because they've lost Luongo, the playmaker Sherwood wanted to sign. He's gone to Asia Cup and they struggle without him apparently. Sounds familiar, no?

Everyone knows how weak our defence is, hence Elphick being recalled. But for me, the midfield is also a problem. Not mobile enough and without Jack not creative enough.

Reading the internet i looks like we are down to the bare bones with numerous injuries.

Being a gambling man, the real value is for QPR to win at odds of 3/1. Now i cant back against my own team and i hope i am wrong, but look at the form table and they are above us. We have had too many draws of late.

The Jan window and additions to the team/squad cant come quick enough.

Given the circumstances a win tomorrow will be real delight.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Everyone knows how weak our defence is, hence Elphick being recalled. But for me, the midfield is also a problem. Not mobile enough and without Jack not creative enough.

Reading the internet i looks like we are down to the bare bones with numerous injuries.

Being a gambling man, the real value is for QPR to win at odds of 3/1. Now i cant back against my own team and i hope i am wrong, but look at the form table and they are above us. We have had too many draws of late.

The Jan window and additions to the team/squad cant come quick enough.

Given the circumstances a win tomorrow will be real delight.

Yes I fear it's going to come down to a villa team who really need to be special on the day. It's going to be tough for us but they can go out there and win it, they have to want it badly, need it even more.

I think on paper QPR have us, which is why villa need to pull some magic out and be ready or as much as I'd hate to say it but I'm scared that we mite get humiliated.

13 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

For some reason don’t think the games are on the red button tommorrow 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/34681/11588060/david-pruttons-new-years-day-sky-bet-efl-predictions

Nottingham Forest vs Leeds is live on Sky Sports Football and four other games are live on the red button and mobile app.

Steer
Bree - Elphick - Chester - Hutton
McGinn - Bjarnason - Hourihane
 Bolasie - Abraham - Adomah

I'd go with this, Bree absolutely must start and if Smith picks Elmo I'll be very annoyed. Still no Grealish and we just don't know how to play without him so all I can see is another draw and average performance to go with it. 

Didn't Bree play left back and Hutton right back in one of the playoff games last spring?  As I recall he did fairly well on the left.   Perhaps put Hutton back on the right where he can make another Cafu run for a goal.

Â