Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

So with Kalinic available and Elphick back, hopefully Chester recovers from his knock. Still no Grealish though presumably, or Taylor, or Tuanzebe so I would go something like;

Kalinic

Bree      Elphick   Chester   Hutton

Bolaslie   McGinn   Hourihane   El Ghazi

Kodjia

Abraham 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

So with Kalinic available and Elphick back, hopefully Chester recovers from his knock. Still no Grealish though presumably, or Taylor, or Tuanzebe so I would go something like;

Kalinic

Bree      Elphick   Chester   Hutton

Bolaslie   McGinn   Hourihane   El Ghazi

Kodjia

Abraham 

I don’t think Kalinic is available yet. DS said the first game he could play was the FA cup when he was signed. Also, Nyland is supposed to have been injured in training. 

I think after the performance yesterday DS needs to make a few changes. I’d go with:

Bunn

Bree Elphick Chester Taylor 

BB

Hourihane McGinn

Kodija Abraham Bolaise 

I think the natural thing for this one would be to go strong and then rest loads for the FA Cup game. That FA cup game might well be a sell out at Villa Park and it'll be interesting to see if that has an influence on the side we put out.

For me, I'd go:

----------------------------------Bunn--------------------------------

Bree-------------Chester-----------Elphick---------Hutton

-------------------------------Bjarnason-----------------------------

-------------------McGinn----------Hourihane------------------

Adomah-----------------------------------------------------Kodjia

-------------------------------Abraham-------------------------------

Although much depends on the availability of the likes of Taylor, Nyland, Chester and Lansbury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the natural thing for this one would be to go strong and then rest loads for the FA Cup game. That FA cup game might well be a sell out at Villa Park and it'll be interesting to see if that has an influence on the side we put out.

For me, I'd go:

----------------------------------Bunn--------------------------------

Adomah-----------------------------------------------------Kodjia

Although much depends on the availability of the likes of Taylor, Nyland, Chester and Lansbury.

Too many changes. Never a good idea

--------------------------------Moreira--------------------------------

El Ghazi---------------------------------------------------Bolasie

We owe them one having lost a game we had dominated at Loftus Road a couple of months ago. The Wally with the Brolly will be paying us a visit with his team a place and a point ahead of us in the league table.

QPR won on their visit to Villa Park last season and those were three dropped points that played a big part in our failure to secure an automatic promotion spot last season, so we need to get the right result this time and start the New Year off strongly.

We have won 15 and drawn 11 of the 49 league games between the two clubs so they have become a bit of a bogey team for us. A win would take us above them and could take us within 1 or 2 points of the play off places as the two clubs that currently occupy the last two play off spots meet on the same day. Injuries and the number of games we have played over the festive period have had their impact on our recent performances. This is a game we need to start and to finish well. It comes at the start of a month that we could end in the play off positions with a strengthened squad. Let's win this one and then make this a year to remember for the right reasons. A 2-0 win would be nice.

• Like 1

Got a bad feeling about this one. The guy whos happy to just pick up his wages could start in goal, Elphick probably in for Chester unless Smith wants to play him one more time before giving him a rest due to his knee. Hopefully Bjarnason starts in place of Whelan for a bit more energy in front of the defence. Maybe Kodjia for El Ghazi too. Just have a feeling QPR will be well up for this, and we've looked very lethargic last few games. They only could draw at home to Reading at the weekend, but have generally been in good form over the Xmas period.

Toss of a coin unfortunately for me as to who wins, not confident at all. Just hope our forward players can have good games and make enough chances to get what will be an important result.

19 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Talk on Twitter is that he’s done his Achilles and is out long term. Supposed to be getting Steer back for the QPR game and then as No. 2! 

Ironic considering he has been our Achilles heel in quite a few games this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im still seething at the loss to them earlier this year. Let's set the record straight and beat these lot.

Bunn in goal it is then. No idea why he is still here as he is happy just being paid. I'd give sarkic a goal for this one tbh.

As bad as Nyland is Bunn is worse. It’s garaunteed we will concede in this game so we need to score 2 goals minimum maybe 3. 

Think QPR will be aware of that and set up very negative to try and frustrate us and make it a tight game hoping they can nick the win with a mistake. 

My prediction 3-1 win. But not as easy as it sounds, 2-1 and uncomfortable until a late breakaway goal. 

Edited by villaglint

25 minutes ago, villaglint said:

As bad as Nyland is Bunn is worse. It’s garaunteed we will concede in this game so we need to score 2 goals minimum maybe 3. 

Think QPR will be aware of that and set up very negative to try and frustrate us and make it a tight game hoping they can nick the win with a mistake. 

My prediction 3-1 win. But not as easy as it sounds, 2-1 and uncomfortable until a late breakaway goal. 

We got Tommy back and he will roar us on. The guys a leader more than chester I think he will Marshall that back four

Once you start going 8-10 points behind the play offs, then you need to start worrying. Don’t win this and we will be further behind for sure. Completely lost our spark. Last season we were very average without Grealish. The same is happening now, and I fear we will continue to drop points without him and Tuanzebe. Once you start relying on too many teams to have a bad run you’ve had it. 2.1 QPR. 

Â