Ratings & Reactions: Preston v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/19 at 15:00

Dreadful. Not sure I can even choose a MOTM.

They look lethargic a lot of the time and we're really sloppy in places. That, coupled with constantly looking like we could be undone at the back by one ball over the top or a set piece, is worrying.

We do miss Jack, especially when McGinn has a poor game, which he did today. Still his usual committed self so can't fault him for that, but he wasn't good. Hourihane faded as usual, too, and we just couldn't maintain any momentum in the middle of the park.

Bolasie was frustrating, as he has been recently. Not offering anything more than Kodjia at the moment although he is the better player so I can see why we're starting him.

El Ghazi wasn't good in the first half but looked like our best source of chances towards the end.

And that miss from BB...

Garbage. Embarrassing how easily we got opened up by the long ball over the top time and time again. The honeymoon period is over and now its time to replace some players with new signings. Most importantly we have no creativity through the middle when Grealish isn't playing and when Axel is out we don't have a centre back who is comfortable bringing the ball out. And obviously the full backs are crap. 

Edited by Razor

2 points dropped there. A poor display and the referee cost us by leaving Johnson on as did the one at Villa Park when sending Chester off. 4 points dropped to Preston that should keep them up and may well cost us!  

• Like 1

Poor today, defence as bad as ever. But despite the disappointment we are still in touch with the play offs.

Hopefully January will make the difference with some new faces, and with only halfway through the season we have plenty of chances to kick on under Smith but I said this last Jan under Bruce! Aside from Leeds and Norwich, its anyones guess, and maybe Leeds wheels have fallen off (but not 15 points)

Poor. 

Flat, lacking creativity, energy and ideas - we might have made a couple more changes and we might need to have a bit of a rethink until Grealish is back - there's nothing coming through the middle. It wasn't the performance a magnificent away support deserved.

When you're bad, you sometimes need to be lucky - we weren't that either, Johnson avoiding a sending off and then Bjarnason putting the ball over from a yard out - Preston will make the same claim having hit post and bar - I think on balance the result was the right one.

We're a long way off being the finished article - it's a squad with no back line and a lack of bodies - there's a lot of work for Smith to do.

• Like 1

There’s positive and negatives. We are better under Smith and we have only lost once in what 10 games now? That’s nothing to be sniffed at and you can’t win away every week.

Its not a terrible result but there’s just too much ground to be gained unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Just now, Farlz said:

Nothing side without Grealish. That's a huge problem. 

Ridiculous really though. There was talk of PNE being up for sale for about £30m.

Abraham is probably worth as much as their entire **** club. The results we're getting in this league just aren't good enough, it's embarrassing to be mid table dropping points to the likes of **** Preston.

Our defence is a shambles and we're missing Grealish, but with the likes of Bolasie and Abraham, our opponents should be getting absolutely battered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How many more points are we going to drop from winning positions?

Can't take our chances when we get them, capitulate when faced with any pressure.

Not a particularly good combination if you want to be successful in the playoffs. 

To be honest this kinda shows that our players aren't as good as we think they are.

Yes we have a few good players, but half the team is just a joke.

I don't think it's any coincidence our form has dropped without Grealish and Axel. (And ironically Taylor)

Edited by MaVilla

Well done to Preston. Deserved their point against a "bigger" team.

We've so much work to do. So much that a tiny part of me doesn't want us promoted this year, to give Dean Smith a better chance at surviving in the top league. To stay up we'd need three defenders, two midfielders, and buy someone like Tammy up front. Huge job.

On the plus side, a win on Tuesday could well see us in the playoff spots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Well done to Preston. Deserved their point against a "bigger" team.

We've so much work to do. So much that a tiny part of me doesn't want us promoted this year, to give Dean Smith a better chance at surviving in the top league. To stay up we'd need three defenders, two midfielders, and buy someone like Tammy up front. Huge job.

On the plus side, a win on Tuesday could well see us in the playoff spots.

I don't think you need to worry Enda. We're not going anywhere this year.

Very frustrating again. 

Â