Ratings & Reactions: Preston v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/19 at 15:00

First match I've seen in a while. Underwhelming. I thought up until the last 10 mins they had the better of the opportunities and probably should have won the game. Bolasie and Hutton the only players I am really happy with in their positions. Jordan Storey & Ryan Ledson both looked good for them. 

Just watched the second half. A lot of misplaced passes. We need more composure from our guys if we're going to win games against this kind of energetic huff-and-puff opposition. With and without the ball, our defence is looking like a guy out on his first date. Abraham is our best defender atm.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Eh?

We're not gonna win the league, but it's mad to suggest we couldn't get promoted. Season's only halfway done, and we're there or thereabouts in terms of points and quality. I say we'll finish about 5th.

• Like 2

We didn't help ourselves, but Preston got what they were playing for, a point.

Massive time wasting on their part. Subs on in the 88th minute and stoppage time? I am all for a rule, barring injury, that no substitutions can be made after the 85th minute.

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The usual over reaction it seems. We’re either quite simply the best team in the league or have no chance of getting the play offs. It’s not possible to completely turn round a football club, that has been more or less a shambles for about 10 years, in one school term. The owners primarily had to get their feet under the table and find the right people to run the club. Then these guys have to have time to assess what we have and what we need, short, medium and long term. Then at the pointy end the manager has only been in the job for 13 matches and people seem to think, that despite all the problems that we are all very aware of, we should play everyone off the pitch week in week out. Incredible really. 

agreed, it's just the frustration talking. we have only lost 1 in 10 which is great considering how we were flying under Shhteve earlier this year. we are being let down by our defense who are beyond terrible, but overall we are performing pretty well. couple of fixes in january and I think we'll be on our way into the playoffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

We didn't help ourselves, but Preston got what they were playing for, a point.

Massive time wasting on their part. Subs on in the 88th minute and stoppage time? I am all for a rule, barring injury, that no substitutions can be made after the 85th minute.

should be allowed, but please refs start clocking the time it takes and add that (every damn second) onto the OT.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The usual over reaction it seems. We’re either quite simply the best team in the league or have no chance of getting the play offs. It’s not possible to completely turn round a football club, that has been more or less a shambles for about 10 years, in one school term. The owners primarily had to get their feet under the table and find the right people to run the club. Then these guys have to have time to assess what we have and what we need, short, medium and long term. Then at the pointy end the manager has only been in the job for 13 matches and people seem to think, that despite all the problems that we are all very aware of, we should play everyone off the pitch week in week out. Incredible really. 

I just think our second highest scorer shouldn't haven't spent 90 minutes on the bench. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

should be allowed, but please refs start clocking the time it takes and add that (every damn second) onto the OT.

Personally I think any stoppages after 85 minutes should add double on the clock.

12 minutes ago, Enda said:

We're not gonna win the league, but it's mad to suggest we couldn't get promoted. Season's only halfway done, and we're there or thereabouts in terms of points and quality. I say we'll finish about 5th.

Quality? We've gone back to shit.

And this 1 loss in 10 talk is all too familiar, sounds like Bruce. Wins win, not losing doesn't.

• Like 1

I don't think most people who are concerned are overreacting. 'One loss in ten' sounds alright but we've only won one of our last five games (two of the last seven). We're also not playing very well at all - yes we've been unlucky at times but so have our opposition, which was certainly the case today, where a draw was a fair result.

We've improved under Smith and I'm very happy with him, but we have looked lost in the past few games without Grealish and we're so vulnerable defensively. Now we're five points off the playoffs when it felt like we should have really been either in that mix or banging on the door by now. QPR is a big game as we'd at least overtake them with a victory and pick some momentum back up, but I'm not convinced we'll get the three points unless we somehow start to look a lot sharper.

• Like 2

Â