Pre-match thread

wedge

Would have liked to see some changes today to freshen things up with so many games in a short period of time, having said that we should still win comfortably 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I expect there will be a bit of rotation for the QPR game. It’ll most likely be the tougher fixture so fresh legs will be useful.

If its the harder fixture then it makes more sense to rest the better players today fresh for that game

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

If its the harder fixture then it makes more sense to rest the better players today fresh for that game

Realistically though who’s he going to drop/swap around? The only obvious ones are Thor for Whelan and Kodjia for El Ghazi. Whether those changes are better or not is debatable. 

The back five as it stands picks itself and he’s not going drop Tammy, McGinn or Hourihane. I don’t see what else he can really do.

• Like 1

Just now, srsmithusa said:

at what?

Being a defensive midfielder. 

Did nobody notice how shit Bjarnason was when he came on against Leeds. One of the reasons we lost. 

He runs around a lot and gets forward more than Whelan. But Whelan is definitely the better player, IMO. 

Unfortunately he seems to be the VT scapegoat these days. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Being a defensive midfielder. 

Did nobody notice how shit Bjarnason was when he came on against Leeds. One of the reasons we lost. 

He runs around a lot and gets forward more than Whelan. But Whelan is definitely the better player, IMO. 

Unfortunately he seems to be the VT scapegoat these days. 

The only part of that I agree with is the "IMO".  I agree that is all your opinion.  ;) The rest I think you are completely wrong about.  And the VT scapegoat role is currently shared by Bruce and Nyland.... unless of course we parse the meaning of the hebrew word for scapegoat... 

• Like 1