Pre-match thread

wedge

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

So are we still without Grealish, Tuanzebe? That could be problematic. I would go as we started against Swansea and see how we get on.

Yep both are out for lengthy periods.

Grealish; Apparantly it's shin related but they still cannot get to the root of the problem.

Tuanzebe; Metatarsal and out for 6-8wks.

It's still bare bones for the next two games atleast in terms of our squad.

• Thanks 1

5600 Villa fans at Deepdale....fantastic show...take a bow.

what a fantastic turn out....incredible support....respect and love to all going, i wish i was there too.

with that turn out cheering them on, with the squad, team and away form i am expecting nothing more than three points...

...please do not let me (and all Villa fans) down.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see if Smith rotates the squad with games coming thick and fast and if he does, will he make the right choices at the right time? I feel that this was something that Bruce didn't get right in his time at Villa and we can't afford any slip ups but need to keep players as fresh as possible as well as fully motivated.

Presuming Tuanzebe, Grealish, Taylor, Jedinak and Lansbury are all out, I would go for the following;

Nyland

Elmo     Bree      Chester      Hutton 

Bjarnsson 

Adomah  McGinn  O' Hare   Kodjia

Abraham 

Subs: Bunn, Revan, Hourihane, Davis, Hogan, El Ghazi, Bolasie 

I think the fact we kept a clean sheet last time out he will hope we can build on that and keep like-for-like (not a great lot of options) but there is definite options to freshen up elsewhere.

I can see it being the above but Hourihane for O'Hare. 

Hopefully we are 3-0 up after 60 mins and we can give Tammy and McGinn a well earned rest! Would be nice to see Davis and Hogan get some game time too.

Prediction 

Preston 1 v 2 Villa 

19 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Will be interesting to see if Smith rotates the squad with games coming thick and fast and if he does, will he make the right choices at the right time? I feel that this was something that Bruce didn't get right in his time at Villa and we can't afford any slip ups but need to keep players as fresh as possible as well as fully motivated.

Presuming Tuanzebe, Grealish, Taylor, Jedinak and Lansbury are all out, I would go for the following;

Nyland

Bjarnsson 

Abraham 

I think the fact we kept a clean sheet last time out he will hope we can build on that and keep like-for-like (not a great lot of options) but there is definite options to freshen up elsewhere.

I can see it being the above but Hourihane for O'Hare. 

Hopefully we are 3-0 up after 60 mins and we can give Tammy and McGinn a well earned rest! Would be nice to see Davis and Hogan get some game time too.

Prediction 

Preston 1 v 2 Villa 

O'hare not gonna go from not even making the bench against Leeds and Swansea to starting tomorrow. Hourihane won't be benched.

• Like 1

Think we will see this

Nyland

Elmo     Bree        Chester        Hutton

Bjarnasson

Kodjia   McGinn  Hourihane  Bolasie

Abraham

I wouldn't be surprised to see Adomah brought in for Bolasie as well depending on how tired the legs are.

As people have said if we are in a good position it would be nice to give Abraham and McGinn some much needed rest.

Such a shame we have no other options at full back as they are our weakest points at the moment, everything comes down the side and we don't deal with the danger properly due to poor defending or being out of position.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

O'hare not gonna go from not even making the bench against Leeds and Swansea to starting tomorrow. Hourihane won't be benched.

37 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Nyland

Bjarnsson 

Abraham 

I can see it being the above but Hourihane for O'Hare

Prediction 

Preston 1 v 2 Villa 

I haven't said any differently

• Like 2

Some really useful spreadsheets on this topic. Can we have them posted on the main site? It would be Interesting to see what actually happens in the next 6 matches to all the sides. 

I’m a spreadsheet nut too! Maybe we should get out more?