Pre-match thread

wedge

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Being a defensive midfielder. 

Did nobody notice how shit Bjarnason was when he came on against Leeds. One of the reasons we lost. 

He runs around a lot and gets forward more than Whelan. But Whelan is definitely the better player, IMO. 

Unfortunately he seems to be the VT scapegoat these days. 

Bjarnason had a good run in the side through September and October where he proved that he offered more to the team than Whelan. He didn't look good against Leeds but he was making his first appearance since returning from injury where he missed seven matches.

Bjarnason isn't as good defensively but he's so much more capable with the ball than Whelan. When Whelan plays it's quite clear that he restricts us.

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Bjarnason had a good run in the side through September and October where he proved that he offered more to the team than Whelan. He didn't look good against Leeds but he was making his first appearance since returning from injury where he missed seven matches.

Bjarnason isn't as good defensively but he's so much more capable with the ball than Whelan. When Whelan plays it's quite clear that he restricts us.

Whelan is infinitely better than Bjarnason on the ball, it is not even close. He gets caught on it all the time, he takes far too long to pick a pass and even the slightest hint of being pressured he gives it away.

The stats I imagine would support this too. Thor pops the ball about in 1 or 2 games against some dogshit sides and he gets a reputation as a better passer. I will never understand it.

A case of if the face fits I suppose.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He gets caught on it all the time, he takes far too long to pick a pass and even the slightest hint of being pressured he gives it away.

Sounds like youre describing Whelan to me

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Sounds like youre describing Whelan to me

No, I am describing Thor. Whelan may get out paced but how many times have you ever saw him get caught on the ball?

Bjarnason gets caught out all the **** time.

Edited by rodders0223

10 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Whelan had our 2nd best pass completion against Leeds. 

Bjarnason came on and managed 6 passes in 30 minutes. Including giving the ball away 3 times in injury time alone. 

But Whelan always gets shit. It’s weird imo, but each to their own. 

I bet he plays well again today but his thread will have the same people saying he’s shit. 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even more reason why he shouldn’t be starting then. 

Yeah i agree he needs more minutes before starting again, i just dont think he is shit compared to Whelan in that role. I'd put them about equal, Bjarnsson has better energy and Whelan is a better on the ball in my opnion.