Tickets

Rugeley Villa

The tickets sales for this one are becoming almost awkward.

I reckon we're at about 39,000 at the moment and there's an outside chance it could sell out.

It's been priced very reasonably because I think the club didn't want to be embarrassed by a crowd of sub 25,000 and it's gone completely the other way.

That puts a certain amount of pressure on things - it's easy to field Jake Doyle-Hayes, Keinan Davis and a host of reserves and fringe players when there's not much expectation - it's a bit more difficult at a sold out Villa Park - it has the potential to put a dent in enthusiasm. 

I think the excellent ticket sales might force the club to take this one a bit more seriously than they'd like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I reckon we're at about 39,000 at the moment and there's an outside chance it could sell out.

It's been priced very reasonably because I think the club didn't want to be embarrassed by a crowd of sub 25,000 and it's gone completely the other way.

That puts a certain amount of pressure on things - it's easy to field Jake Doyle-Hayes, Keinan Davis and a host of reserves and fringe players when there's not much expectation - it's a bit more difficult at a sold out Villa Park - it has the potential to put a dent in enthusiasm. 

I think the excellent ticket sales might force the club to take this one a bit more seriously than they'd like.

I'd quite like that to be the case in some ways - I think every competition should be taken seriously and the fact it's not is a depressing reality of modern football.

BUT there is no way it will impact on squad selection at all. Villa, and most clubs, don't really care about the fans opinions unless it starts culminating in protests etc. For a one off match they won't give two hoots if a stadium full of fans is disappointed at the weakened starting XI. If they did, Jedinak wouldn't have played at CB for so long!!

The Moscow debacle many years ago shows fans feelings/expenses/support is one of the last considerations. Bums on seats is all that matters.

On 31/12/2018 at 16:53, OutByEaster? said:

Don't tell me he is fit - but nowhere near the first team ? 

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Announced as 30,562 at the game which was farcical as there were no more than 1500 to 2k empty seats. The upper Trinity was open and full. 

I was bemused by the announcement at the game, like you say there wasn't many empty seats today so I'm not sure where they got that figure from. 

More annoying because me and my son normally play guess the attendance before the game and I went 39k. I don't think I was to far off. 

I was in my ST seat in the Lower Holte. Was packed around me, both side stands and North were full. Couldn't see Upper Holte but absolutely zero chance there were over 10k empty seats there.

Â