Match Thread: Swansea v Villa

limpid

We've been poor but not terrible, Swansea look pretty uninspiring themselves. Lots of the ball nothing to show for it. We certainly have got our front players more involved then they have.

My biggest concern is when they bring on Montero who will rip Elmo/Hutton to shreds. 

Nyland has actually done ok today, had to deal with lots of possession in pressure situations, hopefully he keeps it up (can't count on it though).

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dogturd half on the whole. Look toothless. Great save from their keeper but McGinn really needs to look at himself. Sat up lovely for him dont know how he hasnt put it away. Think thats the first time ive ever criticised him but its warranted ; was a sitter.

It is warranted.

El Ghazi has been anonymous again, Kodjia needs to come on. I knew people were getting carried away with El Ghazi after a single good performance. If we don't win this then even the playoffs will be looking unlikely. 

• Like 2

That was a diabolical first half, easily the worst since Smith arrived. We didn't press, we didn't pass and we didn't play on the front foot. Those are the three things we've been doing well for the past two months. For the first fifteen minutes I wondered if I was listening to the right game, I didn't hear a Villa player mentioned.

We're very lucky to come in at half time level - Smith now gets a chance to scream at them, change it up and see if we can remember how to play in time for the second half, if we can, we can still win this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

People do realise we’re away, with no defence and 2 of our best players missing? I’m not saying we’re doing well, but expectations need to be more realistic with our current squad. 

Two players shouldn't make or break us. And I don't think them missing is key here. We're not in the game at all, don't know why.

1 minute ago, Razor said:

El Ghazi has been anonymous again, Kodjia needs to come on. I knew people were getting carried away with El Ghazi after a single good performance. If we don't win this then even the playoffs will be looking unlikely. 

But he’s working hard for the team and tracking back ..... unlike Kodj.