• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Adomah (Bolasie 76)
    • Kodjia (Abraham 88)
    • Bjarnason (Hourihane 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/18 at 15:00

35 minutes ago, jim said:

Great result. Disappointing 1st half performance and marginally better second.

Need to play better if we have designs on the playoffs.

Flat as a witches tit.....they don't look fit.

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Still am, he’s our only natural left back

Doesnt mean he's any good though. Hopefully a class signing will be made in January to sort that position once and for all. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Flat as a witches tit.....they don't look fit.

no problem mate all those old legs will have plenty of time to recover we have a game in 3 days, plenty of time to recove........oh wait.....NOOOOOOOO! :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

With only half the season gone and our next 6 games being very winnable I expect us to be up challenging for the automatic spots by the end of January.

I don't.

depends who we bring in......not enough energy and tenacity in this team, to warrant winning anything.

We need more pace and power in key area's......Jack and Axel are big misses, but we need 4/5 players who can make a difference.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Who would have thought with some of the comments on here someone was pining for Taylor to return to the starting lineup!!!!! :P

Haha. 😄  It's the fjords I'm pining for. Well, I'm just thinking at least he will renew the competition in the full back department.

18 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

With only half the season gone and our next 6 games being very winnable I expect us to be up challenging for the automatic spots by the end of January.

The end of January? That's only five games - if we win all five of ours, we'd have the same number of points that Leeds have now and three more than Norwich have now. 

It's a big, big lead - If we do well, then I think the gap could be down to less than ten points by the end of January - I don't know if that's challenging for the automatic spots.

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he’s done well this season

I don't think we've ever had a left back who offers so little going forward and one who gets turned inside out so easily. Has a really poor pass on him as well.

But I guess he's done well, considering we have no one else and considering he got brought in from the cold. 

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't.

depends who we bring in......not enough energy and tenacity in this team, to warrant winning anything.

We need more pace and power in key area's......Jack and Axel are big misses, but we need 4/5 players who can make a difference.

We won’t be at the top of our game every single match. Form will fluctuate especially with the impact of injuries. Personally, I’d rather focus on the positives of a gritty, determined performance that gave us a 1-0 away victory against a team who had 24hrs more recovery and are a decent mid table team. A clean sheet is great especially with such a makeshift defence.  

Probably seeing the results of a non-Dean Smith team having to play the high energy Dean Smith way....the odd weary leg or two creeping in. If we can grind out results like today when not quite at it then it augurs well for the 2nd half of the season. Playoffs here we come. 

Yes, I don't see Leeds losing or drawing more than half their next six games, which is what we'd need, even if we won all six of ours! And we still need Norwich to lose or draw a few. :< At least we're still close to the play off places. : >

Edited by robby b

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I don't think we've ever had a left back who offers so little going forward and one who gets turned inside out so easily. Has a really poor pass on him as well.

But I guess he's done well, considering we have no one else and considering he got brought in from the cold. 

He’s sound defensively, experienced international, don’t get the hate for him on here. I think he’s done well this season, I didn’t see the match today, so can’t comment on today’s display 

I think that first half was the worst I have seen us play under Smith. We started off lack lustre and lethargic and sat off Swansea way too much.  I have seen us start like that too many times over the last few years and be unable to pick it up but thankfully we did today.

I was screaming for Smith to bring on Bjaranson from around the 75 min mark to give us some fresh legs and help us defensively. I would have brought El Ghazi off but I guess that is never going to be Smiths way is it.

Winning while not playing well is no bad thing and shows we have another side to our game and can dig in. I don't expect to see us start that poorly again any time soon though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s sound defensively, experienced international, don’t get the hate for him on here. I think he’s done well this season, I didn’t see the match today, so can’t comment on today’s display 

It was one of his better performances to be fair

17 minutes ago, eholm said:

We won’t be at the top of our game every single match. Form will fluctuate especially with the impact of injuries. Personally, I’d rather focus on the positives of a gritty, determined performance that gave us a 1-0 away victory against a team who had 24hrs more recovery and are a decent mid table team. A clean sheet is great especially with such a makeshift defence.  

Probably seeing the results of a non-Dean Smith team having to play the high energy Dean Smith way....the odd weary leg or two creeping in. If we can grind out results like today when not quite at it then it augurs well for the 2nd half of the season. Playoffs here we come. 

Its very noble to be positive and the clean sheet was central to that..".but what would the comments have been if we had of drawn.....and we could so easily had.

Good result, performance iffy.

Â