• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Adomah (Bolasie 76)
    • Kodjia (Abraham 88)
    • Bjarnason (Hourihane 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/18 at 15:00

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I thought he had a good game before that, absolutely claimed everything that was put in the box. Even threw the ball 100 yards for a counter attack, that was immense. 

He probably shows this in training  hence why he keeps his place , best of a bad bunch spose , seems to have a good attitude though, I was refering more to opinions on Smith not beign able to close games out tbh Klopp had the same issues at Liverpool in his first season things take time still confident we can make playoff its been a great progressive. Start under Smith

A good win, a poor performance. We didn't pass it well or control things, it wasn't at our tempo and it wasn't to our pattern. We've won in the end because we have individuals capable of doing things. 

I'm pleased for Nyland, that's exactly what he needed and I'm sure he'll feel fantastic about it. Bree did well and I think Abraham's attitude and application is a credit to him, he's not one to give up on anything or let up on anyone. 

The referee was appalling, two nasty lunges on Abraham were completely ignored and he brought back memories of Halsey in ignoring as much as he could and then booking players willy-nilly when their frustrations with his ability to control the game boiled over. 

There's plenty to think about for Smith in this one - hopefully by the next game we'll have another player or two back, but we lacked a little conviction and a little energy today - he'll need to remind them what they've been doing well. 

For me, the worst performance under Smith - but a great game to win.

• Like 2

Thought we were good value for that. Didn't look a pen to me so justice done.

Leeds showing yet again with late late goals that they're up there thanks to having a squad of 12 year olds means more energy. A team will kick them kids off the park and then we'll see their metal.

Norwich proving that Forest have as creaky a defence as we have.

We lacked movement and energy but won dirty, and protected the lead better. Still think part of the issue is midfield showing a lack of protection with the defence (we all know the issues with defence).

I thought Nyland was decent against Leeds as well as today. Maybe he just needs competition.

Cracking result. Finally a Christmas to enjoy without Villa ruining it.

• Like 3

Could be a massive win come the end of the season nice to see Nyland win the game for us like that he’s after a tough season ,our full backs still a massive weak point but great to win despite not playing well and a good response to the defeat in Leeds game 

• Like 1

Nyland MOTM! Who would have thought it? Certainly saved us throwing away 2 points near the end. Three points off the play offs and 2 points made up on Norwich. Another win on Saturday will make things look a lot brighter than they did on Sunday.

Can I just confirm, having not listened to or watched the match, that Nyland saved a penalty toward the end!? There's often a big reaction to events on here without further (or any) explanation. Of course no other media source outside the midlands are remotely interested in the details either... 5Live didn't mention a thing about it.

*EDIT* - just read StewieK2's post made as I was writing this.

Edited by AvonVillain

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Can I just confirm, having not listened to or watched the match, that Nyland saved a penalty toward the end!? There's often a big reaction to events on here without further (or any) explanation. Of course no other media source outside the midlands are remotely interested in the details either... 5Live didn't mention a thing about it.

Great save too. 

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Nprwich got it back to 3-3??? how?? it was 3-1 when our game finished!

goals in the 4th and 8th minute of stoppage time, someone needs to check them out, i reckon they have some hack codes for this league..... :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

yeah 90th minute penalty save after El Ghazi fouled someone.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, robby b said:

What a relief to get three points again! And well done Nyland! And Hourihane too, but I wonder when Grealish will be back, and Taylor.

Who would have thought with some of the comments on here someone was pining for Taylor to return to the starting lineup!!!!! :P

• Haha 1

Â