• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Adomah (Bolasie 76)
    • Kodjia (Abraham 88)
    • Bjarnason (Hourihane 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/18 at 15:00

I thought here we go again, a late goal and more points dropped. Good win, and I thought we played ok. Need to beat Preston and QPR no excuses. We are capable of clean sheets, but it’s not often,and Swansea are not great going forward imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I thought here we go again, a late goal and more points dropped. Good win, and I thought we played ok. Need to beat Preston and QPR no excuses. We are capable of clean sheets, but it’s not often,and Swansea are not great going forward imo. 

At 80 minutes I thought, we will end up with a draw and sure enough, we start the backing off malarkey again.....I was so close to being right and I didn't want to be.

Its so ****ing predictable and its not one game, like some fans care to suggest....and Its the same players that are largely at Fault.

I really do hope we are able to sign players that fix it.....The defence is the main thing but midfield without jack is suspect too.

Late goals are a part of the game unfortunately, we are worse than most at holding leads but just look at Norwich and Leeds today, it’s frustrating but unavoidable really.

Good win today and really so far under Smith I have to rate him as a B so far, a lot of improvement over Bruce in some areas but not in every aspect of course. Hate to say it but we still look a fairly average outfit and after 2 and a half years in the Championship we have to accept that we are just making up the numbers at the moment, we’re just as close to relegation as we are to the top 2, people are mad if they think that’s a possibility this season.

• Confused 1

We have a problem with ball retention which hurts us when we're leading I'm games . Think it's got a lot to do with our midfield and a lack of movement from players when we're in possession. When we're drawing or losing its easy to play the ball forward and take the chance of losing possession with a through ball and or half chances. We can't afford to take these chances when we're leading games .

Well played today though , think we had the better chances bar the penalty, which was careless from Elmo who didn't really need to make the challenge and was the wrong side of the player to do so .

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its very noble to be positive and the clean sheet was central to that..".but what would the comments have been if we had of drawn.....and we could so easily had.

Good result, performance iffy.

More ‘glass half full’ than noble tbh. IMO it’s hard to fairly judge a DS team until it is precisely that  i.e. a couple of windows and a full preseason etc. Looking forward to the journey 👍

8 minutes ago, eholm said:

More ‘glass half full’ than noble tbh. IMO it’s hard to fairly judge a DS team until it is precisely that  i.e. a couple of windows and a full preseason etc. Looking forward to the journey 👍

Totally agree with that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen the highlights on skysports.com, looked like we were lucky to win

errrrr yes I guess we was.

but the play leading up to the penalty award, is so familiar.

The thing that irks me the most....its so clear to see it coming.

I guess until Jan we just have to bear with it.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

errrrr yes I guess we was.

but the play leading up to the penalty award, is so familiar.

The thing that irks me the most....its so clear to see it coming.

I guess until Jan we just have to bear with it.

Keystone Cops style defending, just buy our way out of trouble again, thing is, I trust Smith with money, I think he can spot a bargain

35 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Keystone Cops style defending, just buy our way out of trouble again, thing is, I trust Smith with money, I think he can spot a bargain

the crucial bit is......buying the right types to get us to where we want to be.

We have shown over the last 10 years or so, that we have difficulty in buying better than what we already have.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

the crucial bit is......buying the right types to get us to where we want.

We have shown over the last 10 years or so, that we have difficulty in buying better than what we already have.

Agreed, I think this is where Smith will shine, providing he gets backing

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed, I think this is where Smith will shine, providing he gets backing

Fingers firmly crossed.

just someone who can run, will do me.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Flat as a witches tit.....they don't look fit.

I don’t even think it was fitness, half of them looked like they would rather be at home playing Fortnite.

55 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we will see more Jesus signings than Smith signings though, otherwise whats the point of having your own personal Jesus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen the highlights on skysports.com, looked like we were lucky to win

Don't agree with that. Swansea had a lot of the ball, and more chances, bit they didn't look like they would score if they played all day. Our chances were far more clear cut.

Our defending in the end nearly threw it away, but we won. Onward and upward from here.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A good win, a poor performance. We didn't pass it well or control things, it wasn't at our tempo and it wasn't to our pattern. We've won in the end because we have individuals capable of doing things. 

I'm pleased for Nyland, that's exactly what he needed and I'm sure he'll feel fantastic about it. Bree did well and I think Abraham's attitude and application is a credit to him, he's not one to give up on anything or let up on anyone. 

The referee was appalling, two nasty lunges on Abraham were completely ignored and he brought back memories of Halsey in ignoring as much as he could and then booking players willy-nilly when their frustrations with his ability to control the game boiled over. 

There's plenty to think about for Smith in this one - hopefully by the next game we'll have another player or two back, but we lacked a little conviction and a little energy today - he'll need to remind them what they've been doing well. 

For me, the worst performance under Smith - but a great game to win.

Bang on the money. The first half was poor, the atmosphere was flat and we had no tempo or urgency in our play. The first half was reminiscent of the footballing statues under Bruce, the movement off the ball was non existant. Second half was far better but the referee did his best to disrupt the game. Elmo was piss poor again, Bree was excellent along with Nyland so hopefully he’ll replace Elmo once we’ve signed a centre half or two.

All said and done the 300 mile round trip was worth it and it’s been a while since we’ve returned from South Wales with 3 points.

• Like 1

Â