Pre-match thread

ismail-villa

Swansea are one of those teams I’ve seen very little of this season. No idea what they’re like. 

Hoping we bounce back from the Leeds game. 

Anyone know now if you can record this on sky even though it’s on the red button? I’ll be out for the game. 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Swansea are one of those teams I’ve seen very little of this season. No idea what they’re like. 

Anyone know now if you can record this on sky even though it’s on the red button? I’ll be out for the game. 

I haven’t found a way of recording it :( when we’ve been on the red button previously. On SkyQ you can only record the game on the actual channel. I’m going to see family so will miss the game. 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes just went onto the TV Guide on SKY Q. Press for channel 403 and press select at 3pm (Sheff Utd vs Derby) and a list of the matches come up. Scroll down to the Villa match and press select.(Make sure you do channel 403 and not channel 401)

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd give O'Hare a go. Just to try and at least fill the Grealish void 

I agree, I wanted to see him against Stoke and Leeds but knew deep down those games werent right to throw him in. This is different though.. if it works we have our Jack replacement until he returns, especially with the fixtures coming up - nothing stands out as a hard game.

If not then at least bring him on in the 2nd half to give him a bit of time to get used to it, play him in the next game.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I can't see other than another loss.

Our defence is just embarrassing.

Considering we only lost one game in the last 8 (and that was an injury time winner) I really don't understand how you've drawn to this conclusion. Let's not forget we beat them just a few weeks ago as well. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yes just went onto the TV Guide on SKY Q. Press for channel 403 and press select at 3pm (Sheff Utd vs Derby) and a list of the matches come up. Scroll down to the Villa match and press select.(Make sure you do channel 403 and not channel 401)

Thanks. Im not at my sky box. It hopefully it works through the app. 

We have so few options l can’t see many changes. Unless Taylor is for I can see the same back for as we know Tuanzebe is out for a few weeks. 

Perhaps BB in for Whelan or ElGhazi for Kodija. 

I’m just hoping we get on the ball and try influence the game more than we did against Leeds. But Swansea are a decent footballing side. 

Badly need 3 points, but I can see us getting 1. 

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

This approach also works for non skyQ customers (Sky plus). You just need to ensure you’re on the right channel as sometimes the Championship game is on the main event channel. If so you need to change to Channel 403, as the person above has said. 

I havent been able to work out how to record on the red button via the SkyGo phone app though.