Drones at Gatwick

LakotaDakota

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be interesting what the maximum penalty is. I wonder what they'll be charged with?

The sort of normal law stuff won't get the sort of sentence that the authorities will want to impose for this - I wonder if they'll resort to terror legislation. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I think I read somewhere the maximum they could get is 5 years in prison. Seems fair to me.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think I read somewhere the maximum they could get is 5 years in prison. Seems fair to me.

That's just the maximum sentence for pratting about with a drone.

I daresay there's other convictions that come with bringing a major airport to a standstill for 2 days. And I bet they carry longer sentences.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That's just the maximum sentence for pratting about with a drone.

I daresay there's other convictions that come with bringing a major airport to a standstill for 2 days. And I bet they carry longer sentences.

Yeah you may be right. If they can get longer go for it. I am sure they will. It was beyond stupid to carry it on yesterday making yourself even more likelier to be caught.

Not sure on their motive but they ahve to make a example of them otherwise imagine this happens at other airports.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be interesting what the maximum penalty is. I wonder what they'll be charged with?

The sort of normal law stuff won't get the sort of sentence that the authorities will want to impose for this - I wonder if they'll resort to terror legislation. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Just last week the "Stansted 15" who were a group of anti deportation protesters got charged with terrorism offences under the 1990 Maritime and Aviation act which was bought in as a reaction to the Lockerbie bombings in 1988 (weirdly the 30th anniversary of those bombings were yesterday, the same day as the drone arrests were made) and all the Stansted 15 did was to delay one plane to very little fanfare in the media.   This thing has been headline news around the world, it's made a lot of people very unhappy and it's got serious potential to inspire copycat attacks.  The government will say that the people flying this drone were intentionally endangering the lives the passengers in those planes at Gatwick airport this week and they will absolutely hammer them when it comes to sentencing, if found guilty of course.  I dare say drone legislation will be changed after this too and all those people who are getting a drone for Christmas might find that their new toy is about to be hit with a lot of new restrictions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Those **** vegans. Not drinking milk, and shutting down airports. It's all they ever do.

Probably don't wear socks either. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

she looks young for 54 based on her Facebook pics

guessing there is some mistaken identity going on 

Got to be. I mean those 2 don’t look like vegan eco warriors, they almost look like normal people to me. Swampy has fitted them up.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Glorious.

A lot of newspapers are about to get lawyers letters, given they plastered their faces all over the front pages this morning.

Did they say they were guilty though? They could argue were just reporting the news no?

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Glorious.

A lot of newspapers are about to get lawyers letters, given they plastered their faces all over the front pages this morning.

They must have been of interest to keep them detained on Friday and (presumably) Saturday night.

If there is no evidence whatsoever then they'll be due a nice payout maybe?! 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They must have been of interest to keep them detained on Friday and (presumably) Saturday night.

If there is no evidence whatsoever then they'll be due a nice payout maybe?! 

And every inch of their lives will have been rifled through by despicable aresholes who cobble together all sorts of shit for rags.

If you look at The Sun's website now, i.e. after they've been released without charge, there are still details of their lives which are really no one's business but theirs. Why does anyone need to know how much their home is supposedly worth, with whom one of them may have had a child or what their neighbours think of them? Even if they'd been charged (or they were to be charged in the future), what has all of that idle tittle-tattle got to do with anything other than indulging people's grim curiosity?

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Â