Tomaszk

Lovre Kalinić

22 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Presume he didn’t leave?  This guy must be a real dud or his agent a real dud to not be able to find a new club across Europe.   

No club willing to pay enough of his wages for it to be worth villa letting him go is my guess. May as well have an international goalkeeper as 3rd choice

Gotta be a disaster of a situation for the Croatian national team 

On 03/09/2019 at 19:25, YLN said:

No club willing to pay enough of his wages for it to be worth villa letting him go is my guess. May as well have an international goalkeeper as 3rd choice

Think he's 4th choice to be honest, behind Nyland. 

I’ve just come back from Croatia and was talking to someone out there about Lovre. He seems to think that, Lovre isn’t fully fit and had been struggling with an arm injury and has been since about February. Not sure where he got his info from or how accurate mind.

• Thanks 1

While his career says he must be better than what we have seen, he always looked like he was playing in oven gloves to me. So many shots just pushed straight back into the danger zone. I would imagine he doesn't cut a very happy figure around the training ground. Shame for everyone that we couldn't move him on, really.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve just come back from Croatia and was talking to someone out there about Lovre. He seems to think that, Lovre isn’t fully fit and had been struggling with an arm injury and has been since about February. Not sure where he got his info from or how accurate mind.

he said himself he is fit and willing to wait for his chance at the villa: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fsportske.jutarnji.hr%2Fnogomet%2Freprezentacija%2Fvatreni-prolazi-teske-trenutke-a-slicno-mu-se-vec-dogodilo-na-poljudu-i-tada-sam-bio-bacen-sa-strane-ali-sto-da-radim-da-budem-zivcan%2F9314918%2F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slovenian said:

Good, I think he is a very capable goalkeeper and he hasn’t really had the opportunity to show it in a Villa shirt, competition for places is always good 

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good, I think he is a very capable goalkeeper and he hasn’t really had the opportunity to show it in a Villa shirt, competition for places is always good 

I guess that, but it's really great to see Heaton, he's a top keeper. When you consider how many keepers we had in the last 10 years, when you try to choose one of them you fail. I think the only decent one was Johnstone. His form with the tesco bags isn't the best, but he was doing really good with us.

Steer was ok, not long enough to judge. Although he's already one of our hero's. I don't think we'll, forget Steer, El Ghazi and even Jedinak. They had there moments in the playoffs. Ofcourse McGinn, Grealish and Hourihane had the contributions in terms of goals. Mings who changed our season. Ofcourse we can't forget Axel and Tammy too. I think this story will be remembered for too long. Steer saves in particular, and El Ghazi goal. I think these two highlights will let these two as hero's (while everyone knows that they're not more than decent).

Anyway, I agree that Kalinic was unfortunate with coming in our worst form. While Steer took his chance with our greatest form. Fully deserved as he's been around for a long time.

• Like 1

To be honest, I was dubious watching his YouTube ‘highlights’ video when we signed him.

Â