Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Smith has shown a few times that if you have the shirt and you’re playing well he’s unlikely to drop you. 

Steer was performing so he kept his place. I don’t think it was a case of Kalinic not getting a chance. 

I think Kalinic would have seen out the rest of the season for better or worse had he not gotten injured. It's actually quite amazing how much an injury likely saved our season.

Kalinic with a good pre-season and more of a chance to settle into English football is probably our best GK, but last season he was not what we needed. I am so thankful that Steer came in and commanded that position as well as he did. 

OK it was only 45 minutes against Minnesota but he looked commanding.

Now I like Steer, but I personally think Kalinic is a better keeper and he has played in a World Cup (I think)?

Butland is an upgrade on Steer, however is he an upgrade on Kalinic?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Farlz said:

Not judging all this on just 45 minutes of a pre season friendly but I've always been a bit confused as to why he wasn't really given a proper chance. He was rated as a pretty good keeper before he signed and spent just under £10m on him to then be given 2 months and not be used again.

As of right now I honestly feel Steer and Kalinic would be fine and therefore possibly spend some funds on attacking reinforcements. 

in fairness Steer didnt do anything to deserve to be dropped last season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Livakovic (24-year-old Dinamo Zagreb keeper) came in for the Wales qualifier which they won 2-1, and then some lad called Sluga played in a friendly against Tunisia, but think he's 3rd choice keeper and was just getting some game time.

So I reckon we won't really find out until they play Slovakia on 6 September.

Just noticed Sluga has signed for Luton £1.95 million, I'd imagine Kalinic and Livakovic to be fighting it out for the No.1 spot.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I saw tweet eariler quoting the 'sunday people' (tabloid from the UK) as saying that we're prepared to let him go for as little as £3M.

I'd be amazed if that was the case. 

Unless the £7 million we were quoted at the time was made up off add ons and we're preempting one of those kicking in.  

6 hours ago, HolteExile said:

I'd be amazed if that was the case. 

Unless the £7 million we were quoted at the time was made up off add ons and we're preempting one of those kicking in.  

Would it be *that* astonishing? It's hardly impossible that we just want to get him off the wage bill to be honest. 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2019 at 06:18, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Smith has shown a few times that if you have the shirt and you’re playing well he’s unlikely to drop you. 

Steer was performing so he kept his place. I don’t think it was a case of Kalinic not getting a chance. 

This, Kalinic got injured then Steer made it impossible for Smith to drop him.

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was sat opposite end of the ground and haven’t seen a replay, but looked to be beaten too easily for the goal. 

No chance, it was just a well placed shot in the top corner. Deflection or no deflection, it wasn't a case of being beaten too easy at all in my eyes. 

Skip to 38:10

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/07/2019 at 06:29, midian said:

He warmed up ok and at HT was still in his kit so not sure why didnt come on?I think he is/will be a much safer option than Steer

He let in 12 in 6 and a half league games and looked completely shocking at times and Steer let in 9 in the next 13 and a half but Kalinic is/will be better? Granted we were fortunate that Hutton and Elphick got injured and Tuanzebe and Elmo came in and improved our defence

Â