Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, New_Hope said:

1st goal he actually saved it from the Swansea players stab at goal....it then rebounded into the same player to finish it. 

He spilled a simple save, he did it throughout the game. Looked lost out there. While the defence should have been better, his job is for when the ball goes past the defence. Today was a very poor debut.

Played well under the circumstances, can't be blamed for the goals, hopeless defence cost us . To blame him for the 3rd goal is ridiculous , he would have had to push Hutton out of the way to clear it.

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

Played well under the circumstances, can't be blamed for the goals, hopeless defence cost us . To blame him for the 3rd goal is ridiculous , he would have had to push Hutton out of the way to clear it.

Problem is he shouldnt have been behind Hutton, from where I sat behind the goal it looked like he was running towards the corner flag instead of standing steady in goal, I was shouting what is he doing, looked quite strange from there. Then he had to run back to the middle of the goal and let it slip in cheaply just beside him. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Calm down. It was his first game behind a terrible defence.

Plus he didn't do much, if anythign wrong from what I saw.

Agreed. Unlucky ricochet for the first and that would maybe have knocked his confidence a little bit to concede so early. 

As for second, a simple through ball that split the defence due to Hutton being in no man's land and Taylor not tracking his runner, awful defending. 

My view of the 3rd from the holte wasn't great so can't really comment. 

Not the debut he would have wanted but leaving the ground I was pissed off about a lot of the things, the keeper wasn't one of them. 

I would have an incredible amount of sympathy for any keeper that makes his debut behind a CB pairing of Tommy Elphick and Alan Hutton. 

Just now, av1 said:

I would have an incredible amount of sympathy for any keeper that makes his debut behind a CB pairing of Tommy Elphick and Alan Hutton. 

i assume that sympathy would be founded in that Elphick and Hutton are so good that Kalinic wouldnt get chance to showcase his skills due to them shielding/protecting his goal so well?????

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

He spilled a simple save, he did it throughout the game. Looked lost out there. While the defence should have been better, his job is for when the ball goes past the defence. Today was a very poor debut.

To be fair....I'd like to see how you would have stopped a shot at goal 2m (if that) away from you at full match speed.

I was at the game today, I thought he was fine, considering it was his first game in a new country, he’ll improve over time, he’s probably still living in a hotel. I think and hope he will keep his place for the next match, he made some nice saves today and looked commanding at times when he came for crosses etc. It was the second time I had seen him play after seeing him for Croatia against England on tv, I think over time, he will be an outstanding for us, I think he is our most expensive goalkeeper of all time at the reported £7m, maybe someone can correct me on that, I’ll shut up now :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I was at the game today, I thought he was fine, considering it was his first game in a new country, he’ll improve over time, he’s probably still living in a hotel. I think and hope he will keep his place for the next match, he made some nice saves today and looked commanding at times when he came for crosses etc. It was the second time I had seen him play after seeing him for Croatia against England on tv, I think over time, he will be an outstanding for us, I think he is our most expensive goalkeeper of all time at the reported £7m, maybe someone can correct me on that, I’ll shut up now :)

so you dont think he was responsible for one or more goals?, some ppl seem to comment that he was?

I hope you are right!!!! :P

Just now, MaVilla said:

so you dont think he was responsible for one or more goals?, some ppl seem to comment that he was?

I hope you are right!!!! :P

I was at the game today, I’ll have to watch the highlights again to judge properly 

So, going to say, I was at the game too..... 

Difficult to tell about the goals from the doug Ellis upper level with the goal behind the Holte.... 

I thought he was quite smart with his distribution and was good to see he didn't fear coming off his line. Yes, he spilled some shots, but for a debut in a new country he did alright. The rest of the team however... 

Just watched the highlights, these are my observations:

Goal 1 - the Swansea player gets to the ball first (it doesnt bounce off Kalinic from him not collecting it), so the initial tap from the player, Kalinic saves, the rebound goes straight back to the players and he scores, not sure Kalinic can really be to blame for that. (it actually looks more unlucky the way it bounces back, then the shot goes between his legs while he is lying down from the first save, all happened in a split second, could just of easily hit his torso/legs a second time.....but it didnt)

Goal 2 - firstly how they passed through numerous players i dont know, terribel defending, Kalinic was exposed, the only thing i could possibly say was he looked like a huge man trying to get down to a ball placed low to his right but strangely close to him, and he is a huge fella...so yeah? (it looked like as the player was quite close to Kalinic when the pass came through, and the Swansea player semi placed it low to his right, he was just too big to get down to his immediate right, and his right leg was a split second late poking out)

Goal 3 - In fairness to Kalinic again, the ball bounces twice off Hutton as he mostly falls over trying to stop the ball, Kalinic notices and tries to get to the ball as he and a Swansea player are running for it, Kalinic realises he wont get it, sets himself for a second expecting a shot, it doesnt come, Kalinic starts to move back towards the centre of his goal, but doesnt move far enough before its passed accross the goal and the Swansea player taps in.

Again, kinda like goal 2, what on earth the defence was doing i dont know, Kalinic only came for it in the first place because Hutton decided to ping pong it between his legs, fall over, and give it to a Swansea player?, not sure kalinic can be blamed, he was just trying to react to a terrible terrible bit of defending.

Overview:

"Could" Kalinic have done better with any of the goals?, "maybe" slightly better with all 3, but a) its his first game, b) he wasnt helped by the defence for any of them, and finally c) 2 of the goals he was specifically sold in to a s*** storm by our own defence being blatantly terrible.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

Â