Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Personally I wouldn't play him on the 5th, it's versus Swansea in the cup isn't it?

If that is the case I would personally play a development team versus Swansea, like ohare, Revan, davis and any other players who dont normally play in the first team on a weekly basis etc, I would also let nyland play in that game.

Reason being is to give him a few more days to settle in to the club, as well rest some players as it's a congested week, the cup to me isn't important, we need fresh legs in the league imo.

Also if we did do a development team I would t want him conceding goals and maybe knocking his confidence in his first game not playing with the A team.

I agree. Keep nyland in and play a reserve/youth side . No point putting kalanic in a game we will probably lose. Give him  debut in the league. 

Give some game time to the likes of revan lansbury whelan Hogan  etc.

Edited by Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He needs to go straight into the first team.

Thats not how Smith does it though, if he impresses above Nyland then he will be put into the first team. 

Many mite not agree with me on this, but at the moment Nyland is in good form and Lovre needs to make Smith see that Lovre is going to be much better than Nyland. As it stands I don't think Nyland will be dropped while he's making good saves and keep clean sheets, would be crazy to just throw Lovre in there straight away.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Thats not how Smith does it though, if he impresses above Nyland then he will be put into the first team. 

Many mite not agree with me on this, but at the moment Nyland is in good form and Lovre needs to make Smith see that Lovre is going to be much better than Nyland. As it stands I don't think Nyland will be dropped while he's making good saves and keep clean sheets, would be crazy to just throw Lovre in there straight away.

One training session will accomplish that.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think there's zero chance of us signing a £ 7 mill goalkeeper atm. for him not to be first choice. I would throw him in right away. 

I see what your saying, but one thing that Smith said is that he got another keeper to make the competition for Nyland and the other keepers better as well.

7 million is alot, yes especially for a keeper in the championship, we have four or five keepers now don't we. If it was defence then I'd say yes those defenders are going to be put straight in, but not so sure about Nyland losing his place. He's a giant and Smith will want to unveil him on the pitch to fans and opposition.

Im back and forth on whether Nyland will lose his place straight away to Lovre, providing Nyland keeps clean sheets, Lovre will also need to be trained up, I expect to see him first in the cup run.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Paying 7m for a keeper in the championship is like paying 25m for a keeper in the premier league. 

He’ll go straight in. 

Exactly, Smith's seen enough of Nyland to make a judgment, and that judgment seems to be to get a new keeper in literally as soon as he possibly could.  Kalinic will be our number 1 for sure.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I see what your saying, but one thing that Smith said is that he got another keeper to make the competition for Nyland and the other keepers better as well.

It’s not like Smith can say in a press conference that he “bought Lovre because Nyland is useless”, his competition comment is just a political response but the reality is he’s spent 7 million on a keeper to replace a keeper we signed 6 months ago. He’ll go straight in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

It’s not like Smith can say in a press conference that he “bought Lovre because Nyland is useless”, his competition comment is just a political response but the reality is he’s spent 7 million on a keeper to replace a keeper we signed 6 months ago. He’ll go straight in. 

Id say useless us abit much, Nyland has kept at least 6 clean sheets this season, from a defence that's been inviting attackers in.

I think people are so quick to make Nyland a scapegoat for the real issue at hand,  which is it isn't just one players fault, it is many who are not filling there boots properly.

Look at Swansea game yesterday and the defensive errors but thanks to Nyland the game didn't end up in a draw or worse. No I don't think Smith saying it as (more competition between players), is a political way in putting it. I don't believe Smith does that bull crap he would just come out and say Nylands time here is done, that they are looking at other options. Smith has often supported Nyland by saying he is getting better and is improving with every game.

We will see anyway as time goes on. I think we will see Lovre in the cup runs for abit while Smith let's Nylands game run it's course untill he does make a blunder or Lovre breaks into the team by training better than Nyland.

If we could have played yesterday he would have played.

If Nyland had saved 17 penalties yesterday and scored a hat trick Kalinic would still be put in the first chance possible.

Nyland is finished here, the trust has gone, he has let us down too many times.

and he's **** shit.

Can’t see anything other than Kalinic starting straight away. DS seems to have identified that ‘keeper was a massive issue for us and tried to remedy it. I don’t see why it would’ve been made such a priority (since when do we sign players before the window opens!) then not to be played.

I would be surprised if we see Nyland in anything other than the Cup.

Â