Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

What a refreshing change of pace this is!  We're actively moving to tie up our number one transfer window need, weeks before the window even opens.  

Someone needs to tell our new owners that this isn't the "Aston Vila Way" of handling things.  We're supposed to flounder around haggling over the fee with the other club for weeks, then the deal will fall through, our backup options are already signed, and on deadline day, we end up panic buying someone like Shay Given on a 5 year deal...

Unless this signing is unveiled by Alexa I don’t want to know!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

new manager , new DOF , new scouts  , new owners....  and we sign the same target from a  couple of years ago

must be a good keeper :)

Could we finally about to sign Dale Stephens and Hiroshi Kiyotake? Say it'll be so.

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Slowly but surely paddy rielly's infamous moneyball approach is showing it wasn't as bad as it seemed 😱

I've been speaking to Paddy Riley on Linkedin. He's a decent guy, know's his football to be fair and runs his own Football Agency now. We was chatting about few lower league players he messaged me about as i was at a game that both players featured in.

To be fair he was made a scapegoat under Lerner.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I've been speaking to Paddy Riley on Linkedin. He's a decent guy, know's his football to be fair and runs his own Football Agency now. We was chatting about few lower league players he messaged me about as i was at a game that both players featured in.

To be fair he was made a scapegoat under Lerner.

It was criminal by whoever signed Lescott. 

37 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'm calling it now.

A poor mans Kiraly.

What draws you to this conclusion?

I know Nyland is not all that good, but Kiraly was just piss poor and to put them in the same boat before he has even arrived is just daft...    

That's if you're being serious and not just taking the piss. :D

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What draws you to this conclusion?

I know Nyland is not all that good, but Kiraly was just piss poor and to put them in the same boat before he has even arrived is just daft...    

That's if you're being serious and not just taking the piss. :D

But will the new guy wear track suit bottoms, like Kiraly ( or cut the tops off his socks like Mike Pinner - one for the old’uns)

our (previous?) scouts thought 1.3m was too much for Jan Oblak and let him go to Benfica and then they were scouting Nyland for four years... i would welcome Kalinić with arms wide open at Villa, he would make a big difference

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, slovenian said:

our (previous?) scouts thought 1.3m was too much for Jan Oblak and let him go to Benfica and then they were scouting Nyland for four years... i would welcome Kalinić with arms wide open at Villa, he would make a big difference

Exactly.

To be able to sign Croatia's No.1 goalkeeper in the league we are in is a major coup imo.

• Like 2

Fee meant be £7mil

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/19/aston-villa-close-signing-croatia-goalkeeper-lovre-kalinic-7m/

Aston Villa are close to signing Gent goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic for £7 million in an ambitious move by head coach Dean Smith.

Kalinic is expected to have a medical at Villa's training ground on Thursday with the two clubs in advanced talks over a permanent deal.

A Croatia international, Kalinic almost joined Villa nearly three years ago when Remi Garde was in charge but he is poised to finally complete a move to the Championship club in the next few days.

Villa have targeted a new No 1 amid doubts over summer signing Orjan Nyland and believe Kalinic, 28, will provide the experience required in Smith's bid for promotion. It is understood Gent are seeking between €5-10 million.

Kalinic flew into Birmingham on Wednesday and should complete the formalities of his move before this weekend's game against Leeds. He will not be eligible to play until the January transfer window opens, however.

Smith is also targeting a centre-half and a left-back next month after guiding Villa towards the play-off places.

Tammy Abraham's future remains uncertain with Chelsea considering whether to sell the England international. Villa are relaxed about the situation and could still have Abraham on loan for the remainder of the season if they remain in contention for promotion.

• Like 4

Â