Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=271f64qb0WU&feature=onebox

This is the game of the world cup where he was the keeper.

yeah, some good stops, but the flap at 1min 35 is a little....Nylandish?!?

Not trying to be negative, i really hope this deal comes off, but lets not delude ourselves if any player may have a flaw or two?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Honestly these days I just assume that a keeper being signed at this level is a good shot stopper. Shot stoppers are ten a penny.

The other parts of their game is much more important. I'm far more interested in how good Kalinic is at commanding his box, communicating and coordinating with his defence, distributing, dealing with high balls; than I am with whether he can make spectacular saves.

Totally agreed.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Honestly these days I just assume that a keeper being signed at this level is a good shot stopper. Shot stoppers are ten a penny.

The other parts of their game is much more important. I'm far more interested in how good Kalinic is at commanding his box, communicating and coordinating with his defence, distributing, dealing with high balls; than I am with whether he can make spectacular saves.

For Croatia against England, he looked outstanding, a commanding goalkeeper that we haven’t had for years. Not only that but he looked good with his feet, looked the complete goalkeeper. Based on that performance v England and that’s all I’ve seen of him, I’m surprised a top club hasn’t come in for him. ( I know it’s only one game but he just looked brilliant)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

For Croatia against England, he looked outstanding, a commanding goalkeeper that we haven’t had for years. Not only that but he looked good with his feet, looked the complete goalkeeper. Based on that performance v England and that’s all I’ve seen of him, I’m surprised a top club hasn’t come in for him. ( I know it’s only one game but he just looked brilliant)

great if true, but if true why is he coming to Villa and not a Prem team or another top flight team abroad?, not trying to be negative, just realistic.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

great if true, but if true why is he coming to Villa and not a Prem team or another top flight team abroad?, not trying to be negative, just realistic.

That’s what I was trying to say, you just phrased it better, I’d take this story with a pinch of salt to be honest. He looked amazing against England

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Money surely - with the same resources as Citeh or Chelsea we've got the necessary financial pull - and then Purslow uses his Jedi FFP powers to hypnotise the FA into ignoring the spend. 

Looks like he could be a great signing. Seems to have developed really well, and could have been a great signing first time around. 

Does his original thread exist from previous to tag this on to? 

For all the the ridicule Reilly got, the players he signed and nearly signed have turned out good elsewhere. Just a shame the club was toxic at the time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Fixed for you. 

Ha, I was referring to us improving and being a standout team at this level in the second half of the season, this signing and some more like it across the back 4 and we'll have too much for pretty much everyone I reckon. As to where we finish, we're relying on others to slip up, we shouldn't worry about that though, we need to play to our potential every week and we'll go on a proper run if we do strengthen well in Jan. 

What a refreshing change of pace this is!  We're actively moving to tie up our number one transfer window need, weeks before the window even opens.  

Someone needs to tell our new owners that this isn't the "Aston Vila Way" of handling things.  We're supposed to flounder around haggling over the fee with the other club for weeks, then the deal will fall through, our backup options are already signed, and on deadline day, we end up panic buying someone like Shay Given on a 5 year deal...

• Like 1

Â