Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It doesn't work. Marcus Rashfors was keeping Lukaku out of the Man Utd team last season. Lukaku signed for £75m. Does that mean Rashford is worth £100m?

Of course it doesn't. 

No of course it does, Rashford is most definitely worth more than Lukaku and if he gets sold if will be for more than 75m. Guarantee it.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No of course it does, Rashford is most definitely worth more than Lukaku and if he gets sold if will be for more than 75m. Guarantee it.

Jed Steer is a £10m goalkeeper and Rashford is a £75m striker. 

What forum did I login to today?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jed Steer is a £10m goalkeeper and Rashford is a £75m striker. 

What forum did I login to today?!

Yes sorry, I'm crazy! I shouldn't challenge these experts in the transfer market 😂

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes sorry, I'm crazy! I shouldn't challenge these experts in the transfer market 😂

No, not an expert but if anyone can tell me any club in world football that would spend 10m on Steer or 75m on Rashford I would love to know.  What team that has 75m to spend on a striker is opting for Rashford?

Steer would be a No.2 at a PL club and a No.1 at Championship level.  What lower end clubs are spending 10m on that level of keeper with a year left?

Have people just been playing too much FIFA? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

No, not an expert but if anyone can tell me any club in world football that would spend 10m on Steer or 75m on Rashford I would love to know.  What team that has 75m to spend on a striker is opting for Rashford?

Steer would be a No.2 at a PL club and a No.1 at Championship level.  What lower end clubs are spending 10m on that level of keeper with a year left?

No one will pay 10m for Steer. But some have said he is worth 2-3m. I disagree as I do not think we would find a number 2 as good  as Steer for that kind of money. We’d be better off keeping him. 

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I am not saying anyone will buy Rashford, what I am saying is that is what he would be worth to Man U if they were to sell.

You're not saying anything of substance to argue the point, you're just making snide remarks about me playing too much FIFA (which I don't play).

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

No one will pay 10m for Steer. But some have said he is worth 2-3m. I disagree as I do not think we would find a number 2 as good  as Steer for that kind of money. We’d be better off keeping him. 

I agree, worth more than the pittance we would get. More than happy for him to fight it out and prove me wrong but as is now he is a huge question mark.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’d have raised an eyebrow, as I’ve been arguing for Steer to be given game time for at least the last 2 seasons. That it has taken until now for him to get his opportunity has been negligent, but he has grabbed that chance with both hands and proven to be better than both of the goalkeepers signed by Villa in the last 12months. He’s been rock solid during his time between the sticks and his confidence has visibly grown during that time, making some match winning saves in vital games this season. Remember that save from Rodríguez in the 1st leg at Villa Park, the penalty save at Hillsborough, penalty saves in the semi final shoot out. What mistakes has he made? I can’t remember any mishaps being on a par with the  Kalinic & Nyland mistakes. And Steer proved much better at commanding his entire area, and he was better with the ball at his feet. He is 26yrs old and will only improve with game time, I’d be relaxed with Steer starting as our No.1 next season. He certainly is far better than being given away.

Dont forget steer only got his chance because LK got injured against WBA...I dont get how a succession of managers have overlooked him.  They must see something I dont.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I am not saying anyone will buy Rashford, what I am saying is that is what he would be worth to Man U if they were to sell.

You're not saying anything of substance to argue the point, you're just making snide remarks about me playing too much FIFA (which I don't play).

Nobody is going to ever pay 75m for Rashford though so he isn't worth 75m.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's is your opinion, yet you're stating it is a fact. Which is fine, but there doesn't seem to be any point debating this topic with you.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

inb4 "Villa sign Rashford for 75m on 250k a week" :P

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

well he only has 1 year on his contract now, so if he doesnt get the no 1 jersey this season he will be gone at the end of the season regardless.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Was Neil Etheridge a championship keeper the season before last? Yes. He’s had a decent season in a relegated team and now £8m isn’t enough, apparently. What evidence is there to suggest that Steer wouldn’t have an equally decent season? If he did that would result in him being valued in the same sort of price bracket, probably a bit higher because he’s younger. Steer has proven in a short and high pressure period of time that he is able to step up. That shouldn’t be underestimated because previous mangers haven’t been savvy or brave enough to see the potential.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's if you assume there's a thing called overpaying.  There's supply and demand,  and a price to go with it. 

If a product outperforms another product while being cheaper the new price will adjust and reflect that. It's how things work. 

Well again we’ll agree to disagree. Because that’s not how it works at all

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s an entirely different question though. 

The question wasn’t “would we find a number 2 keeper as good as Steer for 2-3m?”

It was about Steer’s worth. I said at most we’d get 5m but probably more likely to be 2-3m and I stand by it. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why will he? He might be happy to stay as a number 2.

maybe, i wouldnt bet on it though, i get the feeling he only extended his contract because he got a run in the team, if he was a bench warmer all season i would literally bet money that he wouldnt extend again.

Im guessing, but after that run in the second half of the season, added to his heroics versus WBA, i dont think he wants to be a no 2 :)

I could be wrong.

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, I’d rather have Jed Steer in the Villa Goal than the £30m price tagged Jack Butland. What sort of season has championship goalkeeper Butland just enjoyed? Butland also 26yrs old. What guarantees would he bring for £30m than an already settled and proven Villa GK Steer doesn’t? I think we need to look very carefully at what we already have before getting carried away with signing for the sake of signing. Steer has been an important part of a back 5 that transformed our season from February onward. Not to be sniffed at.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s an entirely different question though. 

The question wasn’t “would we find a number 2 keeper as good as Steer for 2-3m?”

It was about Steer’s worth. I said at most we’d get 5m but probably more likely to be 2-3m and I stand by it. 

I don’t think we should or would sell for 2-3 million though so in my opinion he is worth more than that. 

I admit the club would probably consider 5 million. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â