Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

First goal was his fault for me, he should have just cleaned out ball and player, he went in tentative and look what happened.

Not long after that he was wandering around his box about 12 yards off his line and completely out of position.

Distribution started well but faded throughout the match, in line with the rest of the team.

2nd goal he maybe could have got down a bit quicker, not sure 3rd goal was his fault, I don't really remember it as I rage quit immediately after it went in.......

Nothing overly encouraging to be honest but then, a lot of keepers look shit on first few appearances so will reserve judgement for a few games yet.....

I said he was at fault for all three goals, having watched the highlights that was perhaps a bit harsh, 'could have done better' as have been said would be a better way of putting it.

The first goal I thought he fumbled with it, but I see now that the Swansea player was first to the ball. Kalinic could have been first on the ball and kept it, but it's easier said than done.

The second goal he looks caught in two minds if he should try and save it with his feet or hands, which makes him look slow down to the ground, it doesn't look convincing, but on the other hand the Swansea player was quite close to him.

The third goal I can understand why he ran out to the left, but he was still too slow back when he realised it was the wrong decision.

Can't remember last time I analysed goals with this detail!

I think foreign players normally would need 6 months to one year before they can be judged properly, and he certainly shouldn't be judged after one performance. I would have hoped of a more convincing first impression though. 

10 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think foreign players normally would need 6 months to one year before they can be judged properly, and he certainly shouldn't be judged after one performance. I would have hoped of a more convincing first impression though. 

I agree but Nyland got 3 games on here I think before he was judged

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

First goal was his fault for me, he should have just cleaned out ball and player, he went in tentative and look what happened.

Probably true but cleaning a player out 1 minute and 30 seconds into your debut isn't something you would expect to have to do.

He'll be fine with a few games under the belt.

• Like 2

On 06/01/2019 at 14:57, brummybloke said:

It's already been said. I'd be surprised when you watch goal 3 you don't think he's out of position, moving towards 2 players who are already at the ball and in his way, exposing his entire goal. He's not covering his post effectively as he could do that standing away from the players.

I'm also surprised you say his positioning was good, this was apart from spilling every shot he got to, his worst trait on the day.

It was a terrible day at the office and one I hope he doesn't repeat

His YouTube ‘highlights’ video shows him spilling every shot he gets to... and I’m worried this might just be a normal day at the office.

i really hope I’m wrong.

Anyone else get the feeling he is regretting his move already?

Communication has been shocking and I think it's safe to say already the guy can't use his feet.

Think he'll improve over time, but he has some glaring issues.

Thought he started the game well. Kept us in it first half with a couple of good saves.

By the end his head seemed to have gone. Unlucky not to keep out the penalty and then his kicking was all over the place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thought he started the game well. Kept us in it first half with a couple of good saves.

By good saves you mean not letting in shots that were straight at him?

Only 2 games in, but conceding 6 goals in those 2 games is not a good start, nor does it fill me with confidence that this guy is a "shot stopper"

It seems people have got so engrossed in other aspects of goalkeeping that they look over shot stopping as the most important skill. 

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

By the end his head seemed to have gone. Unlucky not to keep out the penalty and then his kicking was all over the place.

At 3-0 down, at the end, he got a back 0ass from Hause and simply - like without a care in the world - kicked it out of play for a throw in to Wigan before screaming something like "come on lads". That was a show of petulance and not good to see from someone new to the club. 

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

At 3-0 down, at the end, he got a back 0ass from Hause and simply - like without a care in the world - kicked it out of play for a throw in to Wigan before screaming something like "come on lads". That was a show of petulance and not good to see from someone new to the club. 

His body language was worrying, like everything else is currently.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Two saves in the first half weren't just straight at him. 

I'm sorry but if either of those had gone in, everyone would be saying they've gone in straight through the keeper.

17 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'm sorry but if either of those had gone in, everyone would be saying they've gone in straight through the keeper.

Fair enough if you think that. 

I don’t think they were spectacular but I think they were both good saves that easily could have been a goal. Particularly the first one.  

• Like 1

I still think had Nyland performed exactly as Kalinic has in the previous 2 he would be getting criticised. Besides we really are missing Nyland’s distribution.

I’m willing to give Kalinic time to adapt. However, I didn’t like the value in this signing, given his age and his cumbersome performances the handful of times I’ve seen him.

I am hoping he can at least command his area and be become a dominant calming influence, Nylands biggest critism. On a positive note he does seem to be vocal, we really need a vocal organiser at the back, with time comes confidence and hopefully he can give out some rollickings. 

19 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I still think had Nyland performed exactly as Kalinic has in the previous 2 he would be getting criticised. Besides we really are missing Nyland’s distribution.

I’m willing to give Kalinic time to adapt. However, I didn’t like the value in this signing, given his age and his cumbersome performances the handful of times I’ve seen him.

I am hoping he can at least command his area and be become a dominant calming influence, Nylands biggest critism. On a positive note he does seem to be vocal, we really need a vocal organiser at the back, with time comes confidence and hopefully he can give out some rollickings. 

He would have. The difference is Kalinic is played two games behind some abject defending and performances in general. 

If he’s still like this in a 6 weeks then he will rightly be getting slated. 

Â