VillaAsh

Which one...  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Which one...

• No.1
    • No.2
    • No.3
    • No.4

Still no takers for number 4 eh... quelle suprise...

I went for 2; 3 just seems to play into the stereotype that all we do is talk about our history.

indeed.

I find it quite cringeworthy.

Like somebody else has already said...I think #3 is superb, but hopefully it will be out of date in the near future.

whatever happens this season (bar a freak prem league trophy!), it would still be valid for next season :winkold:

I can just image the chap who designed these flags sitting there and thinking....

1) mmm not bad, perhaps a little plain

2) mmm better, much better. Oh I wonder how it would look if....

3) Damn that's mint. I'm not going to better that now pass me my crack pipe

4) Yeah man....big lion and a bit of photoshop....... nice

Number 3 is just mint. Who cares if we won some of the trophies a few years ago lets remind the football world of our heritage and when we win the first cup of the new era we get a new flag. Perfect.

Number 3 is just mint. Who cares if we won some of the trophies a few years ago lets remind the football world of our heritage and when we win the first cup of the new era we get a new flag. Perfect.

it's a strange one, as i am fully behind the star on the new crest indicating the european cup win in 82.

Yet i hate that new flag with the various trophy wins on it.

I think it's the understated nature of the star on the crest, and the overstated nature of the trophies with the counts on the flag, that does it for me.

But again, it's not an important issue for me, TBH. t'is the results on then picth that matter, not crests, kits or flags, and MON?Randy are doing us proud in that regard.

it's a strange one, as i am fully behind the star on the new crest indicating the european cup win in 82.

Yet i hate that new flag with the various trophy wins on it.

I think it's the understated nature of the star on the crest, and the overstated nature of the trophies with the counts on the flag, that does it for me.

But again, it's not an important issue for me, TBH. t'is the results on then picth that matter, not crests, kits or flags, and MON?Randy are doing us proud in that regard.

I see where your coming from but for me there is a big difference between living in the past and remembering the past as you move forward. I think we are doing the later.

Look at Arsenal for example who have the images and years of trophies won around the stadium which I think looks classy. Then look at Liverpool's banners with their trophey count on them which get no end of TV coverage and look great IMO.

There is a danger of celebrating the past a little too much but as long as its done while the club is moving forward I think thats fine. If we were sitting around mid-table and going nowhere it would be embarrasing.

Its a fine line but I think we just get away with it.

I can just image the chap who designed these flags sitting there and thinking....

1) mmm not bad, perhaps a little plain

2) mmm better, much better. Oh I wonder how it would look if....

3) Damn that's mint. I'm not going to better that now pass me my crack pipe

4) Yeah man....big lion and a bit of photoshop....... nice

LOL.

Has to be number three for me! It represents Villa's classy new era our proud history.

voted 2nd

if the trophies were without numbers i wouldve voted for 3rd

No.1 is plain, simple, understated which I think is more classy, I guess this one is my favourite.

No.2 Not sure if I like this or not. One minute I do then the next it looks a bit busy with the checks.

I think the same about no.3. What if we win some more trophies soon, we'll need to get a new flag. :D

I think no.4 is horrible, the Lion looks bad.

Rubery, Is there a way suggestions can be out forward for number 3 without the numbers on the cups?

I understand its a bit late in the day and as you say there wasnt much response last time round, but I think alot of the people voting against 3 would be in favour of it without the numbers.

Just an idea

Can't believe some of you want to play down our trophy haul and history.

Someone said clubs should only brag about trophies if they are 'one of the best around'. We're the fourth most successful club in English football history - so we are one of the best around. Football did not begin in 1992. Lets enjoy the almost unrivalled heritage and honours roll of our great club, and let's also make sure the world knows all about it.

Chelsea fans may laugh, but let them. We will have the last laugh - the outline of the European Cup on our new flag will ensure that.

Â