Investing - the stock market and more

KenjiOgiwara

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone in to crypto? Really like the look of VET and XRP as a longer term punt. 

Pure gamble make me rich one is safemoon! 

edit: I know crypto is gambling but VET and XRP seem to have a bit more substance to them.

There's a crypto thread in Tech Room. A fair few people interested and some have ripple. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

AMC going mental now, 32% and climbing. 

I only put a few quid on it yesterday morning and I’m 50% up! 

Up 20% already in PM.  This could be big!

• Like 1

So what do you do, ride it out and see how much higher it goes or cash out? 

Ive not got a clue and can’t be doing with the stress of it, hence why I played it safe and boring with a target date fund, but I can see the appeal . The days of trying to win big at the bookies have long gone, and keeping your money in your bank is doing nothing for your financial gain these days. Stocks and shares seem the new go to, for people trying to earn a nice living and possibly early retirement. 

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

So what do you do, ride it out and see how much higher it goes or cash out? 

It looks like it’s a short squeeze, so i will just ride it. 

I took some profit last night, then got back in and am already up again. 

It could go sky high, so I’ll just see where it goes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

Bought AMC back a few months ago and held on now I'm up 400%

Nice! How much profit in £££‘s? 
Are you holding further? 
This house of cards is coming down at some point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nice! How much profit in £££‘s? 
Are you holding further? 
This house of cards is coming down at some point. 

About £300 profit so far (only put in around £60) so I think I will probably hold a little while longer. So didn't put that much in to begin with. 

And yeah I don't know really what to expect further, also just had a look at Gamestop and its still at about 278 USD, so that's going to be the interesting one

A friend of mine said he's made over 50k USD already on it and he's expecting it to go up much more.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

About £300 profit so far (only put in around £60) so I think I will probably hold a little while longer. So didn't put that much in to begin with. 

And yeah I don't know really what to expect further, also just had a look at Gamestop and its still at about 278 USD, so that's going to be the interesting one

A friend of mine said he's made over 50k USD already on it and he's expecting it to go up much more.

There no denying that something is going to happen with GAME, it’s just a question of when and how big. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

He hasn’t made anything until it’s in his bank. It’s Monopoly money at this stage. 

• Thanks 1

General consensus (from the Reddit ape crew) is that both stocks can/will go significantly higher.  Definitely not financial advice.

No shorts have been covered yet indicated by the SI continuing to raise (crazy).  I’m definitely holding my AMC for now, might take out my initial investment if the price action is good tomorrow.

• Like 1

I know people here focussed on the meme stocks and pump and dump strategy that's at this mania stage in the cycle. Don't risk what you can't afford to lose.

In the wider market, just be wary of a big market correction that will likely come this summer specifically in tech stocks. Companies like Tesla will bomb by 50%+ as the inflation in the US continues to spike over the summer which means interest rates have to rise soon and that'll crash the market specifically the tech sector. Especially for people nearing retirement age, pensions should be in safer assets which are inflation proof like energy, banks, food or commodities. People need to be careful right now, the music is about to stop.

• Like 2

Â