Investing - the stock market and more

KenjiOgiwara

Couldn't find a thread on this so I'm just making a general one. 

Any investors or stock market addicts here? 

What's your view on 2019? What's your view on Trump, Brexit, oil prices, inflation, earnings yield in general?

I'm for the first time in a long time a bit on the fence. Normally I'm very positive, but right now I feel there's so much uncertainty in a market that's quite pricy. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I'm pumping 97% of my income into Angel Delight, because it's been 40 years since it was popular and it's due a comeback. 

In the red at the minute, but I'm absolutely sure the graph will resemble bitcoin soon enough. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm pumping 97% of my income into Angel Delight, because it's been 40 years since it was popular and it's due a comeback. 

In the red at the minute, but I'm absolutely sure the graph will resemble bitcoin soon enough. 

They prefer 'in the strawberry'.

• Haha 2

Didnt get out of my UK equity and Asia funds quick enough (still hoping the latter will come back) and once i'm back in the green, it's all going in a fixed rate Cash ISA...markets are in turmoil at the moment and will be until at least Q3 next year in my very humble opinion so need to play safe for a bit

I actually managed to sell out my entire portfolio in October before the downturn, but I bought heavy into oil stocks a week ago and did some awful trades, and got a 5% loss. Still pissed. Now I'm unsure what to do. 

I quite like the look of Danske Bank though. That's money on the street methinks, but we'll see. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Could definitely be some value in pumping the remaining 3% in too! 

Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 15.31.54.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Couldn't find a thread on this so I'm just making a general one. 

Any investors or stock market addicts here? 

What's your view on 2019? What's your view on Trump, Brexit, oil prices, inflation, earnings yield in general?

I'm for the first time in a long time a bit on the fence. Normally I'm very positive, but right now I feel there's so much uncertainty in a market that's quite pricy. 

Have a go on a simulator first to see how you get on maybe ?

That is what I am doing 1st before real money.

I am 844 / 61,000 players at the moment in a "Warren Buffet Million Dollar Challenge" game at the moment 😀

Nah I've been investing for years. I did that thing you recommended prior to that and I quickly found out it's rather pointless. You are a totally different being with 100 k in the market if it is your own money. Just not comperable. 

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I've just purchased £100,000 worth of pumpkins. 

The sales figures have shot up recently. 

"Homer, you knuckle-beak, I told you a hundred times: you've got to sell your pumpkin futures before Hallowe'en! Before!"

REecUXw_d.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually managed to sell out my entire portfolio in October before the downturn, but I bought heavy into oil stocks a week ago and did some awful trades, and got a 5% loss. Still pissed. Now I'm unsure what to do. 

I quite like the look of Danske Bank though. That's money on the street methinks, but we'll see. 

Be very careful. The Feds are getting involved and although it was sick man Deutsche Bank who cleared all that Russian laundered money, the Germans are likely to protect that. Danske could end up holding the bag.

Regardless, as the dollar was involved expect multi-billion dollar settlements. Trade accordingly.

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Have a go on a simulator first to see how you get on maybe ?

That is what I am doing 1st before real money.

I am 844 / 61,000 players at the moment in a "Warren Buffet Million Dollar Challenge" game at the moment 😀

and providing free strategies to certain pro-trading teams.

I've got a fair bit tied up in UK equities and it has been up and down over the last 12 months but the quarterly dividends keep me ticking over and I'm in it for the long run.

Wish i'd sold some particular shares in Jan as those ones are about £9k down at present in my portfolio! Oh well! Its a cyclical game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Never done it, never will. 

Why is that just out of curiously? The way I look at it, I earn my wages and that’s it. Might win the odd big bet here and there, but I’ve never been one to show ambition. I’ll own my own house, and maybe have a bit in the bank to leave kids, but that’s about it. Can’t see my retiring early, but so what. 

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've got a fair bit tied up in UK equities and it has been up and down over the last 12 months but the quarterly dividends keep me ticking over and I'm in it for the long run.

Wish i'd sold some particular shares in Jan as those ones are about £9k down at present in my portfolio! Oh well! Its a cyclical game. 

Time to buy again and price average down! Bargains to be had if you can afford to wait out this political sh*tstorm.

19 hours ago, villakram said:

Be very careful. The Feds are getting involved and although it was sick man Deutsche Bank who cleared all that Russian laundered money, the Germans are likely to protect that. Danske could end up holding the bag.

Regardless, as the dollar was involved expect multi-billion dollar settlements. Trade accordingly.

To me it's just a very favourable risk/reward scenario. 

• 3 months later...
Â