Racism in Football

Zatman

15 hours ago, hippo said:

I don't profess to have the answers, but the question has to be asked is the "call out racism" actually making it worse ? 

Are you just giving airtime to attention seeking morons ?

I dont think its making it worse.You will always get people take things the wrong way.Some on purpose.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is in the wrong thread. This isn't racism remember. It's simply football fans opposing a marxist gesture as politics has no place in football.

I do wonder if those "look, I'm not racist I'm just fed up of BLM" people look at the Hungary situation and think "fair play lads, you're standing up for it".

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I do wonder if those "look, I'm not racist I'm just fed up of BLM" people look at the Hungary situation and think "fair play lads, you're standing up for it".

Nah they probably think it's different because "those foreigners actually ARE racist. Whereas I'm not. I just oppose the social, economic and political ideals at the heart of a Marxist regime and like to non-violently demonstrate my opposition to it in order to assure capitalism isn't overturned in favour of communism"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JPJCB said:

We should just be banning these repeat offending countries from fans attending matches (and maybe even the teams themselves participating) until they can demonstrate they’re sorting it out. The predictability of it is depressing and needless 

Better off just banning them from entering the tournament qualifiers.

Hit them with a two tournament international ban (1x World Cup and 1x Euros) and then reintroduce them with limited capacity crowds. 

When and if they step out of line again, ban them again. 

FIFA and UEFA (and all the other federations) need to be singing off the same hymn sheet too.

When we played them away last month, Hungary were already serving a UEFA crowd ban but as these are qualifiers for a FIFA tourno it didn’t count… FFS! 

Footballers and fans should not have to be subjected to racist or violent behaviour from the opposition. 

Behind closed door matches and pitiful fines are not the answer. 

• Like 1

If we could get them to invade a near neighbour, starve, blockade and bomb them into horrific living conditions and impose a system of apartheid on them in order that they can continue to live on their own land, perhaps we could move them to the Asian Football Confederation - they've done it with their problem racists.

• 3 weeks later...

As expected UEFA has dropped the investigation against the Italian U-21 player who racially abused Joseph Elanga.

And in other news Zlatan Ibrahimovic was shown a yellow card by the ref (who he has history with) after he waved to the Roma fans calling him a Gypsy last night.

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

West Ham fans singing racist songs about Jewish people when they see a Jewish man on the plane. Shameful.

The sad thing is the person filming probably shared because he thought it was funny rather than reporting it. He's gonna be popular when they all get banned

On 01/11/2021 at 14:33, sne said:

As expected UEFA has dropped the investigation against the Italian U-21 player who racially abused Joseph Elanga.

And in other news Zlatan Ibrahimovic was shown a yellow card by the ref (who he has history with) after he waved to the Roma fans calling him a Gypsy last night.

After UEFA dropped FA's accusation of Racism against Glik in the Poland - England game, the Polish federation is taking legal action against English FA 

They claim he was unjustifiably accused of racism, and this has damaged his personal image and affected his family who received death threats. 

If UEFA decide to do something (they will not) it will set an interesting precedent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

After UEFA dropped FA's accusation of Racism against Glik in the Poland - England game, the Polish federation is taking legal action against English FA 

They claim he was unjustifiably accused of racism, and this has damaged his personal image and affected his family who received death threats. 

If UEFA decide to do something (they will not) it will set an interesting precedent. 

We had a incident in the Swedish top flight this season where a player accused another player of racism. By all accounts this was a false claim by a sore loser and the player who was accused totally broke down and was absolutely distraught after the game. Not sure what's come of this incident, the racism claim has gone away at least but no idea if the other guy has been punished for lying.

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Said it at the time, none of the players made the accusation but FA staff. Should be sacked for making false accusations

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Said it at the time, none of the players made the accusation but FA staff. Should be sacked for making false accusations

From what I've read the 'abuse' was on Walker, and Maguire reported it to the coaches and match officials. 

25 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

From what I've read the 'abuse' was on Walker, and Maguire reported it to the coaches and match officials. 

In fairness Maguire has been so out of position recently it could have been a completely different game

You have to show some s

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

They key thing is that they surely have to show that the accusation was malicious for there to be any kind of repurcussions. I don't know what was alleged to be said or who it was that made the accusation, but if they've misheard or misinterpreted it, an apology should be the end of it.

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You have to show some s

They key thing is that they surely have to show that the accusation was malicious for there to be any kind of repurcussions. I don't know what was alleged to be said or who it was that made the accusation, but if they've misheard or misinterpreted it, an apology should be the end of it.

Yeah, it should do. Maybe a symbolic payment to an anti racist foundation or something.

UEFA won't do anything, but it would be nice of FA to acknowledge they were incorrect.

• 3 weeks later...
Â