Racism in Football

Zatman

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

I have to agree with this wooly liberal here :)

I will lose no sleep on a nasty racist being imprisoned but far more dangerous people don't get jailed. Like you say, you could kick someones head in and get a suspended sentence. You can get coked up, drunk and drive a 2 tonne metal box through the streets, while already having a plethora (thanks, its means a lot) of convictions and no insurance and you get sympathy from people and best wishes as you enter rehab. 

Ironic thing is he’ll probably come out of prison an even bigger racist. A dangerous one too.

I hear it can be very segregated in the joint. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think there's anything there to justify prison tbh. He sounds like an absolute peice of shit, but criminal? Outrageous, imo.

Different offense, in a different town, in a different court, but a bloke from my town was in court this week for battering a stranger when he drunkenly approached them for a lift home and they refused. He got a suspended sentence. Which one's a greater threat to society?

The judge in this case wants to make a name for themselves imo.

i've no problem him being made an example of. it will definitely serve as deterrent.

just like when prison sentances started getting handed out for football hooliganism. a group of lads wanting a fight with a likeminded group of lads. arguably not a great threat to society. but hooliganism is all but eradicated as a result.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I have to agree with this wooly liberal here :)

I will lose no sleep on a nasty racist being imprisoned but far more dangerous people don't get jailed. Like you say, you could kick someones head in and get a suspended sentence. You can get coked up, drunk and drive a 2 tonne metal box through the streets, while already having a plethora (thanks, its means a lot) of convictions and no insurance and you get sympathy from people and best wishes as you enter rehab. 

Whichever thick plastic bimbo could you be referring to? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i've no problem him being made an example of. it will definitely serve as deterrent.

just like when prison sentances started getting handed out for football hooliganism. a group of lads wanting a fight with a likeminded group of lads. arguably not a great threat to society. but hooliganism is all but eradicated as a result.

Oh no it's not.

See Millwall and small heath for proof.

Edited by rjw63

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Closer to home, our very own Ghana Lions have expressed that they've been contemplating deactivating their accounts because of the racial abuse they receive in private. Very sad.

Seriously? That’s absolutely heart breaking

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah for real. Good news is they've decided to truck on, with the help of our glorious captain apparently.

Sounds like Twitter edge lord behaviour, but imagine how that makes these guys feel. Good on Ty for getting in touch

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Rangers calling a different Prague team racist now as 10000 fans booed Kamara after his incident last time. Rangers had 5 or 6 other black players playing who didn't get booed so this is when idiots like Gerrard are throwing around the race card which doesn't help

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rangers calling a different Prague team racist now as 10000 fans booed Kamara after his incident last time. Rangers had 5 or 6 other black players playing who didn't get booed so this is when idiots like Gerrard are throwing around the race card which doesn't help

Surely booing a player for reporting racism is a bit racist

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why do you think the (kids of) rivals of Slavia Prague were booing Kamara if it wasn't racist?

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The story is worse than that.

They were supposed to have an empty stadium due to previous racism charges. They complained so UEFA fielded and let them have 10000 fans in there. But 10000 kids.

10000 kids booing him.

That's pretty depressing for me.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

They were supposed to have an empty stadium due to previous racism charges. They complained so UEFA fielded and let them have 10000 fans in there. But 10000 kids.

10000 kids booing him.

I took a czech work colleague to Southampton to see his team sparta prague in the europa league about 3 years ago. We were in the away end (of course) and they had a black centre half (Costa ?) who was having a nightmare game, like bambi on ice. Every time he touched the ball he was getting dogs abuse from the sparta fans.

I was then told by a rather embarrassed sparta fan next to me that it's not because he is crap that he gets abuse, it's because he is black and he cops for it most games. 

I then looked around and noticed just how many skinheads were in the crowd, giving plenty of nazi salutes to the saints fans in that corner. It really was like going back in time. One teenage fan then started on an old boy for not joining in on the chant he had sung. He got so outraged he then bit the seat in front of me in pure anger after screaming at the old un. 

They lost 3-0, we were kept in for 30 mins after the game and on my way out a female steward said to me " so....you....enjoy...game...not good ?" To which I replied in my broadest brummie accent that it was as bad as watching the villa ! Her face was a picture !

Edited by mottaloo

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

10000 kids booing him.

Not surprising to anyone who plays online multiplayer games, is it?

"Hey boss, let's ensure there's no racial abuse at this game by restricting tickets to predominantly teenage boys there with their mates who know the ones thing they really shouldn't do is engage in any further abuse"

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Not sure that the eradication of football hooliganism was down to prison sentences being handed out. It may have helped but it was a combination of many factors. 

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah for real. Good news is they've decided to truck on, with the help of our glorious captain apparently.

Shame there isn’t a way they could find out who sent those messages to them and have it reported to the club. 

Although respect to Mings for sending them a message. 

It’s amazing how a whole village on the other side of the world can love the club so much.  A real shame some idiots can’t see that.  

It’s due to these kind of people I have always struggled to care about the National Team.

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are adamant there was no racism. So they could be booing him for false accusations. Probably not though. 

he then beat the shit out of the guy after the game which makes it look bad if it was a false accusation. Guy probably did say it but nobody has any proof, was a dangerous precedent by UEFA with the ban

Â