Racism in Football

Zatman

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Why can't the clubs do a tannoy announcement of the knee as something like please remain silent and help us (Aston Villa and the opposite team) in the fight against racism and not start the bloody game until everyone is silent. Booing should be enough to be ejected from the stadium. When idiots realise its going to cost them in the pocket and not see the game they will eventually give it up.

"but, but that's totalitarian! I have a right to mah opiniun! freddooom of speeeeeech"

Just now, pas5898 said:

Just to give my two pence worth. 

Rightly or wrongly, taking the knee, is now associated with politics and BLM. To some that is not a good thing. Sky Sports, BT sport etc blasted BLM and the knee over every match for months, the 2 things are now intrinsinctly associated. 

Tyrone and many on here are frustrated because he believes those booing are bigots etc. 

I think all Villa fans, even those booing agree that an equal society is required. It would be good if the players could come up with another symbol, or act to show their desire for equal opportunity etc. One that's not been associated with BLM, but one that's associated with equal oppuntunity. 

i guarantee said symbol would also be booed. millwall (who set the tone by booing) always said that it was because it was under the BLM banner, and if they changed the banner that the gesture was associated with then that would be fine. so they changed the banner...BLM was never mentioned by commentators etc anymore and guess what, the booing continued.

racists will always exist...they always have done, and always will. they kept their opinions private for a long time but now it seems that they are no longer afraid to voice their ignorant views. a quick glance at the facebook comment section of the sainsburys advert featuring a black family showed that they very much walk among us.

doesn't matter what the gesture is, there will be those that boo it....we just need to continue to drown it out and show them that they are very much in the minority

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I mean taking a knee is a nice and simple gesture. Should we replace it with some form of interpretative dance in order as to not confuse this with some connection to the BLM movement?

How are some people so offended by this? It's pathetic imo

100%.

Imagine thinking the biggest demographic of Marxists in the UK is 18-30 year old men from all over the world who’ve barely been going to school since they were 14 and kick a ball for a living.

The knee is a “don’t be a disgusting dickhead” gesture, and as much as I agree that it won’t change disgusting dickhead mindsets and is probably redundant, booing it is for disgusting dickheads.

Edited by a m ole

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Why can't the clubs do a tannoy announcement of the knee as something like please remain silent and help us (Aston Villa and the opposite team) in the fight against racism and not start the bloody game until everyone is silent. Booing should be enough to be ejected from the stadium. When idiots realise its going to cost them in the pocket and not see the game they will eventually give it up.

Red rag to a bull mate.

They would take great delight in getting a football match abandoned and the publicity that would create.

7 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I mean taking a knee is a nice and simple gesture. Should we replace it with some form of interpretative dance in order as to not confuse this with some connection to the BLM movement?

How are some people so offended by this? It's pathetic imo

Because for whatever reason the gesture hurts their weak mind and they find it uncomfortable. So they have to boo to make themselves feel better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

"but, but that's totalitarian! I have a right to mah opiniun! freddooom of speeeeeech"

You literally can't make it up.

Announcement..... stfu while our heroes take the knee in support of kickin this crap out, I bet the boo's are in small groups too as they are probably too chicken shit to do it on their own, send the stewards in and **** them off for good.

What you say is exactly what they would be chirping too, scum.

Agreed. these people are so butthurt when they get called out and all these claims of totalitarianism and not having rights to opinions is so stupid. Let me introduce a nice analogy I believe everyone can relate to:

It's like walking into a Villa pub and yelling "**** THE VILLA" at the top of your lungs and being offended when beer glasses are flying in your direction because "I had the right to say it".

• Like 1

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

I heard that Tyrone Mings has been mentoring some of your youth players about historical materialism and the extraction of surplus value under capitalism. 

A leader off the pitch and a theoretical scholar off it. So important to have these big characters at the club.

Fitting that this discussion is in this thread, should remain here too imo, a giant of a man.

2 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I heard that Tyrone Mings has been mentoring some of our youth players about historical materialism and the extraction of surplus value under capitalism. 

A leader on the pitch and a theoretical scholar off it. So important to have these big characters at the club.

no more likes, but this gets one from me. Tyrone is the man.

Just now, a m ole said:

He wants to replace ‘Prepared’ with ‘Seize the means of production’ as our official motto.

hahahaha that would propel my Villa fandom into the stratospheres, comrade!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Agreed. these people are so butthurt when they get called out and all these claims of totalitarianism and not having rights to opinions is so stupid. Let me introduce a nice analogy I believe everyone can relate to:

It's like walking into a Villa pub and yelling "**** THE VILLA" at the top of your lungs and being offended when beer glasses are flying in your direction because "I had the right to say it".

Indeed.

You have the right to say what you want. And you also have the right to suffer the consequences.

Shit flows both ways, same people always parroting on about freedom of speech don't like it if you get up in their face and call them what they are.

Do unto others.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I heard that Tyrone Mings has been mentoring some of our youth players about historical materialism and the extraction of surplus value under capitalism. 

A leader on the pitch and a theoretical scholar off it. So important to have these big characters at the club.

With help from his sidekick Engels 😛

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Indeed.

You have the right to say what you want. And you also have the right to suffer the consequences.

Shit flows both ways, same people always parroting on about freedom of speech don't like it if you get up in their face and call them what they are.

Do unto others.

Shit indeed has low viscosity. Simples.

Â