Racism in Football

Zatman

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

It's disappointing isn't it.

Anyone who booed should have their season ticket removed.

Oh behave, it's a marxist movement, you really think villa fans who don't agree with it and had a boo today should have there ticket removed? 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Would be interested to hear from a pro booer! I just can’t get my head around why anyone would do that. It was so sad to hear. You only have to look at what happened to our very own Dalian to see that we still have a real massive problem. I would urge anyone who thought booing was a good idea to read what happened to Dalian. It might give you a very different perspective.

They use the cover of ‘oh I hate Marxism etc etc’ when it’s clear it’s BLM the movement not the organisation that they’re kneeling for. 

unfornately for some no amount of education will change their ways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

They use the cover of ‘oh I hate Marxism etc etc’ when it’s clear it’s BLM the movement not the organisation that they’re kneeling for. 

unfornately for some no amount of education will change their ways. 

Wrong

I think taking the knee has entirely lost it's effect by now. There are some players like Zaha who have stopped doing it because he feels it doesn't achieve anything.

Still disagree with the booing though, that's not right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Oh behave, it's a marxist movement, you really think villa fans who don't agree with it and had a boo today should have there ticket removed? 

How is wanting racial equality in any way Marxist? 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

However some people around the country are obviously either fed up of it or see it as an empty gesture.

I'm hoping this is exactly it. I really respect Zaha's opinion on this matter, and from next season we should move on from this, as for one thing, as powerful at it once was, it now seems meaningless, particularly when no outward change seems to be materialising.

52 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

It's a Marxist mvt? Really?what do you base that on?

People being treated equally with respect isn't Marxism, it's humanity.

Thought the 95% who outclapped the boos should be applauded.

• Like 4

On 19/05/2021 at 15:34, Indigo said:

That's fair. Tbh I already loved the guy albeit accepted he has his limitations but some of the stick he's taken this season has been so pathetic it somehow made me warm to him even more. More than proved his worth as the season has gone on.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

If you don't agree with taking the knee then show some respect and stay quiet. Show some respect for the players who believe it is important

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

The organisation that taking the knee originated from is BLM, who are a political Marxist organisation. In a democracy it’s perfectly acceptable for the electorate to display their disapproval of such organisations, organisations that forward agendas such as defunding the police. There’d be no booing/opposition to the players/movement had they adopted a different group/name than BLM, it’s the attachment to that group that results in 99% of opposition to it. Of course there are a small amount of actual racists, but you shouldn’t conflate racists and political movement dissenters. I hope the authorities, along with players like Tyrone, can work together over the summer to come up with something that pulls everyone along with the movement. 

Booing because its linked to BLM isn't racist? Yeah....I'm not going to agree with that. 

And do you understand the actual message behind defund the police?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Booing because its linked to BLM isn't racist? Yeah....I'm not going to agree with that. 

And do you understand the actual message behind defund the police?

Yes I do understand the message behind defund the police, and I don’t agree with it. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you, doesn’t make them any less intelligent, any less a person. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. It’s sections of society’s increasing inability to accept differing views that is causing increasing separation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Are you serious? 

I think almost everything these days that are supported by intellectuals are defined as marxist. Goes without saying those doing it aren't the sharpest, but it's starting to get a bit funny. 

• Thanks 1

Â