Racism in Football

Zatman

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

This is what will stop fucktards on social media sending vile messages. Clubs opting out of social media for a week is a gimmick. Seeing people do hard time, or even have their names plastered across the press for being a racist is a true deterrant. Hopefully we see many more arrests if it carries on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

This is what will stop fucktards on social media sending vile messages. Clubs opting out of social media for a week is a gimmick. Seeing people do hard time, or even have their names plastered across the press for being a racist is a true deterrant. Hopefully we see many more arrests if it carries on. 

the fact that he's named and shamed is massive. instant sacking from his job etc.

• Like 1

I'm honestly shocked people are posting on their personal accounts in order to be tracked, what a **** moron - On both counts.

I assumed the recent upturn, or perhaps (quite likely) is just that it's now being reported on more, in instances are due to trolls doing something they know will get a reaction due to current awareness.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Czech government are now getting involved in the Kudela vs Rangers case, stating is no proof that he said what he said 

Yeah it's all just a conspiracy to take down some unknown footballer.

42 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah it's all just a conspiracy to take down some unknown footballer.

In fairness his defence is that nobody has heard him make a racist comment except Kamara. He probably did say it but still no actual proof has been shown

Word of mouth is dangerous considering was a similar word of mouth case with Neymar and was no such lengthy ban

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness his defence is that nobody has heard him make a racist comment except Kamara. He probably did say it but still no actual proof has been shown

Word of mouth is dangerous considering was a similar word of mouth case with Neymar and was no such lengthy ban

I mean even when there's video evidence of mouthing the words (ie: our very own John Terry), nothing really happens.

20 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I mean even when there's video evidence of mouthing the words (ie: our very own John Terry), nothing really happens.

Terry at least got fined, banned and stripped of the england captaincy

I think its quite shitty the British media agenda in recent weeks that have painted Slavia Prague as some sort of white supremacist club, they are owned by the Chinese government, have apologised for any racism received on social media from some fans and have a number of black players in the squad. The media narrative that Arsenal kicked racism out of Europe really doesnt help things and also not helped by that piece of shit Gerrard saying he was proud of Arsenal last night

As for Rangers well I bet when fans are back in the stadium this new and improved attitude to racism will be ignored when Celtic come across town

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 4

On 16/04/2021 at 18:50, Zatman said:

I think its quite shitty the British media agenda in recent weeks that have painted Slavia Prague as some sort of white supremacist club, they are owned by the Chinese government, have apologised for any racism received on social media from some fans and have a number of black players in the squad. The media narrative that Arsenal kicked racism out of Europe really doesnt help things and also not helped by that piece of shit Gerrard saying he was proud of Arsenal last night

As for Rangers well I bet when fans are back in the stadium this new and improved attitude to racism will be ignored when Celtic come across town

Aye, most of their songbook revolves about sectarianism. .........I bet they cannot wait to be " up to their knees in Fenian blood" again. 🙄

Mind you Celtic fans are no better. 🤢

• Like 1

FC Köln coach Friedhelm Funkel has got himself in trouble after giving a controversial post-match interview following his side's 3-0 defeat to Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.

"Leverkusen have this tremendous pace. Due to their... yes, there are one or two expressions you're not allowed to use any more. Due to their players, who are just so fast," remarked Funkel cryptically after his first game in charge as Köln coach.

The 67-year-old left many observers wondering what exactly he meant to say, with some interpreting it as a barely concealed racist remark directed at Bayer Leverkusen wingers Leon Bailey and Moussa Diaby, who had both scored.

Funkel, however, denies that was his intention.

"In the interview with Sky after the game this evening, I only referred to the enormous speed of Leverkusen's players, nothing else was meant, I didn't want to say anything else," said Funkel in a statement posted by FC Köln on Saturday.

https://bulinews.com/news/8157/köln-coach-friedhelm-funkel-accused-racism

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit split on the whole social media boycott.

I mean, it's great. Clubs taking action on an important issue. I'm all for that.

But why only 3 days? Why don't they quit a platform that they feel does not support their values? Or boycott until action is taken, rather than 3 days?

I have a feeling it's because Adidas or Nike or Samsung or Audi or Emirates Airlines won't like that a club doesn't post a picture with their logo on it 3 times a day.

But if money is the cost of keeping to values such as fighting racial abuse, it's a bit of an empty protest for me.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Same @Mic09, Its a hollow protest. Boycott social media? So **** what! Who cares about social media?! 

Social media is where players are getting racially abused every single day.

This isn't a protest to stop racism (directly at least). It's a boycott to make social media companies do more about stopping racist abuse. 

I don't know if it will work, but I imagine social media platforms get an absolutely shit load of traffic due to English football from all over the world. For them to be stripped of that for an entire weekend is probably a big deal for them.

I just think the water is getting muddied a little. I've seen loads of people saying this will do nothing to stop racism, when that really isn't the goal of it.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not just racism its bullying too that needs to be stopped on these platforms

How does bullying work? Is it different than calling a player crap who is 19.is that bullying? 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

How does bullying work? Is it different than calling a player crap who is 19.is that bullying? 

Have a look at the misogynistic abuse that Michelle Owen (sky and Villa TV) got after making a mistake whilst on air. Similarly Karen Carney after saying the Covid break helped Leeds last season.

And yes, the personsal and hateful hounding of young players (or any players for that matter) who might not meet the expectations of a fan base is ugly and bullying. Fans should absolutely be able to be critical of players in conversations between themselves but going on to a players Twitter/Insta post to slate them or tagging them in hateful comments is vile. People who do this to anyone, famous or not, are nasty and pathetic.

• Like 2

Â