Racism in Football

Zatman

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No idea if an all white board was or wasn’t.

I wouldn’t question it unless I wasn’t white AND wanted to be on the board.

it simply wouldn’t matter who was on a board to me unless it wasn’t performing well.

If NSWE we’re clueless we wouldn’t care Naseef is brown just that he was doing a crap job.

All I know is it takes serious hard work to get to the top, whether your brown  pink, white, yellow, blue. I have heard many men of colour say, its got nothing to do with colour, if you have got it you've got it, if you havent it's that your not working hard enough making the sacrifices to get it. One great quote came from Denzel Washington, tells it how it is, I'll try find it.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

All I know is it takes serious hard work to get to the top, whether your brown  pink, white, yellow, blue. I have heard many men of colour say, its got nothing to do with colour, if you have got it you've got it, if you havent it's that your not working hard enough making the sacrifices to get it. One great quote came from Denzel Washington, tells it how it is, I'll try find it.

That’s happily true for a lot of people. There is though a thing to factor in. You have to be on the starting line to enter the, er, race. And for some sections of our society the chance or opportunity to be on the starting line just isn’t there. Vastly, mostly it’s not intentional that they don’t have the opportunity “don’t let those people have school football”, it’s more a case that focus from people in power positions simply doesn’t think of giving “those people” the same chance as others have. They’re ignored, unseen, forgotten, they might as well not exist. And there are, unfortunately also deliberate acts of exclusion of “the wrong sorts” of people. Not everyone has the same chances to use their skills and drive and enthusiasm to compete.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those lovable Lazio fans have been at it again 1000 of them shouted racist abuse at 2 Lecce players

Authorities have decided to close one curva now for a home game which isnt great but suppose its a start

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Those lovable Lazio fans have been at it again 1000 of them shouted racist abuse at 2 Lecce players

Authorities have decided to close one curva now for a home game which isnt great but suppose its a start

And the officials underplay it again calling it a couple of people, a very small minority, heads buried in the sand again. Makes my blood boil. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of our own. Cheerio, dickhead

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-64325295

A man who racially abused footballer Raheem Sterling during a game at Villa Park has been given a three-year banning order.

Timothy Hyslop shouted at the Chelsea and England player during the first half of a Premier League clash with Aston Villa on 16 October.

The 54-year-old, from Staffordshire, was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence.

He admitted the charge at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

great to hear the ref saying that she wouldn't issue the 2nd yellow and would accept whatever punishment came her way for it...can't imagine peter walton saying that

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I don't actually agree, yet again the main focus is he shouldn't have got a yellow because all he was doing was shushing the racists. Incorrect, he got the yellow for inciting the crowd, racisim or not, any other player does that to the crowd, its a yellow card. This is why it's not being overturned, its not some conspiracy about race being acceptable.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't actually agree, yet again the main focus is he shouldn't have got a yellow because all he was doing was shushing the racists. Incorrect, he got the yellow for inciting the crowd, racisim or not, any other player does that to the crowd, its a yellow card. This is why it's not being overturned, its not some conspiracy about race being acceptable.

Bollocks!

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I've got to hand it to you, you're consistent

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

what are you on about? players do that shushing celebration all the time...you see it every single week...and yellows aren't produced. he did the exact same celebration on tuesday night - no yellow card. it was a ridiculous decision to a) be given a yellow and b) for said yellow not to be rescinded

He didnt even run towards the fans in some aggressive manner either and was about 15 yards away from them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

This is what I think about your post:

Villa Views on Twitter: "El Ghazi panenka and shushing the ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â