What's our biggest home defeat in the league in our history?

robby b

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I ready didn’t. Why would any villa fan be interested in our heaviest ever defeat??

so wierd

Because its an interesting historical fact about our club? 

Why would anyone be interested in our largest ever attendance, or highest ever goalscorer or lowest ever attendance or longest ever game? 

Just to improve your knowledge of the club.  

I find it frankly more weird not to be interested and think it weird to be honest. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Because its an interesting historical fact about our club? 

Why would anyone be interested in our largest ever attendance, or highest ever goalscorer or lowest ever attendance or longest ever game? 

Just to improve your knowledge of the club.  

I find it frankly more weird not to be interested and think it weird to be honest. 

Whats so interesting about looking at us losing games heavily??Your examples are positive aspects of the club having being reminded of a 12 -1 loss for example who wants to know about that?

why don't we create a thread about our heaviest derby defeat to the blosers while we are at it? Or wolves? 

You don't need to cry about it I saw your first post. To have to reply twice thats almigtly wierd. Jeez 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats so interesting about looking at us losing games heavily??Your examples are positive aspects of the club having being reminded of a 12 -1 loss for example who wants to know about that?

why don't we create a thread about our heaviest derby defeat to the blosers while we are at it? Or wolves? 

You don't need to cry about it I saw your first post. To have to reply twice thats almigtly wierd. Jeez 

Dem, this is a very, very strange reaction to a completely harmless thread.

• Like 4

I tried to find a thread that @Demitri_C had started so for the LOLs I could post "Who cares, what a strange thread".

I could only find the Dean Smith thread, The Labour Party thread, the one on knife crime and the mental health one.

Joke wouldn't have worked, pretty good threads there, Dem :lol:

• Thanks 1

Like I said, I started thinking about that Liverpool game (as I was wondering how I felt about them winning the PL this season) and I just thought that I wouldn't be surprised if that was our worst result at home in the league ever. But apparently, you think that's wierd, Demitri C. We hit rock bottom that day and it's important for this team and future teams not to equal or beat this record again (losing by six or more goals at home). I was simply thinking I never want to see that result again. Ok?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ignore I'm a miserable git. Me and Robby are friends again 😃

Yes, it's ok, I've said sorry to Dem for my post being unusually negative, to be fair, I decided he did actually have a point there! : D  Some people though, when learning a bit more about their club's history, can occasionally feel curious about a few unwanted records, not just all the happy records. 

Anyway, come on Villa! Beat those pesky Stokeys yeeaaahhhh!!!

7 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Didn't have time to search Dickens.

I found a few...

"And then let any man explain to me, if he can, how it happened that Scrooge, having his key in the lock of the door, saw in the knocker, without its undergoing any intermediate process of change -- not a knocker, but Marley's face."

"Scrooge closed the window, and examined the door by which the Ghost had entered.  It was double-locked, as he had locked it with his own hands, and the bolts were undisturbed.  He tried to say "Humbug!" but stopped at the first syllable."

"The moment Scrooge's hand was on the lock, a strange voice called him by his name, and bade him enter. He obeyed. "

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No need to create a new thread, but as you are interested I researched it for you

Our heaviest defeat to Blues was 4-0 in Division Two in 1968. Our biggest win against Blues was 6-0 in the Simod Cup in 1988 or 5-0 in the League Cup in 1988, in League games we've beaten them by 4 goals on numerous occasions but the most goals we have scored was in 1894 in Division One when we beat them 7-3.

Our heaviest defeat to Wolves is also 4-0, this happened on 3 occasions 1899, 1948 & 1958 all in Division One. Our biggest win against Wolves was 6-0 in 1905, Division One.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

No need to create a new thread, but as you are interested I researched it for you

Our heaviest defeat to Blues was 4-0 in Division Two in 1968. Our biggest win against Blues was 6-0 in the Simod Cup in 1988 or 5-0 in the League Cup in 1988, in League games we've beaten them by 4 goals on numerous occasions but the most goals we have scored was in 1894 in Division One when we beat them 7-3.

Our heaviest defeat to Wolves is also 4-0, this happened on 3 occasions 1899, 1948 & 1958 all in Division One. Our biggest win against Wolves was 6-0 in 1905, Division One.

I remember an enjoyable little patch in the 2003/04 season where we went to Leicester and won 5-0, before going to Molineux and doing them 4-0. Pretty sure in the Leicester fixture one of their fans ran onto the pitch and slapped their goalkeeper.

14 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I found a few...

"And then let any man explain to me, if he can, how it happened that Scrooge, having his key in the lock of the door, saw in the knocker, without its undergoing any intermediate process of change -- not a knocker, but Marley's face."

"Scrooge closed the window, and examined the door by which the Ghost had entered.  It was double-locked, as he had locked it with his own hands, and the bolts were undisturbed.  He tried to say "Humbug!" but stopped at the first syllable."

"The moment Scrooge's hand was on the lock, a strange voice called him by his name, and bade him enter. He obeyed. "

You found a pair of knockers... 👍

That home mauling by Liverpool was a tough watch... The culmination of the decline... The inevitable squelch of sliding into the plughole after several years circling it. Less than twelve months after our best Wembley showing in this century... and our worst.  

• Haha 1

Â