"That's Disgusting"

maqroll

On 07/12/2018 at 19:40, ferguson1 said:

:excl: Lesson learned -  never read villatalk whilst eating!  My naan kebab just doesn't taste right now.  

Is there sweetcorn in it?

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

A comment elsewhere reminded me of this.

My dad worked his entire career with Birmingham Council Housing Department. He worked, particularly when I was younger, on the out of hours service. He was a carpenter and joiner, which basically meant he became the door guy when he did out of hours jobs. Tenants locked out, doors broken, that kinda thing. I always remember a couple of stories he told us about.

My Dad's first job was working at a joiners who had the city council contract to fit new doors and put the fences on the new council homes in Kingstanding. Would have been around 69-74 at a guess before he joined WMP. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

My Dad's first job was working at a joiners who had the city council contract to fit new doors and put the fences on the new council homes in Kingstanding. Would have been around 69-74 at a guess before he joined WMP. 

My dad started straight out of his apprenticeship (as apprentice of the year as he was quite proud of. Still have the certificate framed upstairs) so chances are there was an overlap there. He worked out of the College Road depot for many years.

• Like 1

Â