• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Taylor 52)
    • Kodjia (Bolasie 82)
    • Whelan (Freakish 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/18 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Nyland should have held on though, disgraceful for the officials not see it but we should have been 4 up Tammy had 2 easy chances 

Disagree, as much as I want a different keeper. Rodriguez ploughed through with his arms, it was two handballs there

• Like 4

for everyone saying "if we lose promotion by one point i will be mad" etc etc etc, WE didnt score our chances, its our own fault, we cant always control what refs/other team do, we can only completely control what we do.

In reality, we didnt win because we didnt do what we needed to do, ie: take our chances, if we did what we were meant to, we would have been chilling.

regardless, well done villa, looking good and would be better if we finished our chances.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nyland is fairly criticised some of the time, however it is now obvious some of you either have a vendetta against him or watched a totally different game, OR just letting frustration get to you. Watch the replays, he did nothing wrong!

He is really weak when players are around him. I wouldn’t blame him for this result but he still needs to be replaced. 

• Like 1

It didn't go for Tammy tonight, but that is to be expected with young players. El Gahzi had a great second half and the ref & linesman had a terrible one. 

On a positive note, this was the hardest test we have faced since DS took over and we still played well and should of won. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Why weren't there 11 Villa players all over the referee after that blatant handball? Put some pressure of the idiot ffs.

Is the ref going to change his decision? No. Of course he's not. This sort of behaviour will only get us a fine. 

Bolasie poor and needed to come off earlier but then Kodjia wasn’t any better

McGinn driving into the box and running it out of play instead of hitting the corner flag , silly things but just run the clock down and then the ref doesn’t get a chance to be a cheating word removed

Abraham had a shocker , he seems to be like that on fire one minute finishing like Emile Heskey the next

Can't wait til Jan and a new keeper 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You got to look after yourself in this game, you need to take command and be strong. He did neither

AGAIN

well, when you use big letters, I guess the argument is over.  For what it's worth.  When the ball is in contact with the keepers hand, he is in possession.  contact with the keeper at that time, is a foul.  the right upper arm that propelled it forward was foul 2, the right hand that guided it in was foul 3  So, by rights I should write AGAIN in really big letters two times.  ;)

I'm as frustrated as you.  but the VAST majority of blame is on the cheater and the referee.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nyland is fairly criticised some of the time, however it is now obvious some of you either have a vendetta against him or watched a totally different game, OR just letting frustration get to you. Watch the replays, he did nothing wrong!

He has got to either come out, claim the ball, be strong (lol) and clear everyone out...or he comes out makes himself big and gets a block on.

He does nothing, he comes out like a kid scared of his own shadow and gets battered. Pathetic. He wouldn't win a 50/50 against my niece. He lacks the physicals and the character.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

Is the ref going to change his decision? No. Of course he's not. This sort of behaviour will only get us a fine. 

you may not have noticed, but there were three WBA players yelling at the referee.  No fine.  Neither would there be for us if we were not abusive.

The hand of a baggy cost us. How did the officials not see that? Abraham could have had 4 again. A good point but if the officials had not been wearing blinkers it would have been a terrific win.

Points dropped, we should have been out of site, Tammy missed a number of clear cut chances. Kodjia came on as if it was a practice match, also affected us.

NYLAND did NOTHING wrong for the goal, he gets fairly criticised a lot but it is now as if it is a trend regardless of circumstance.

POSITIVES are we played probably the best team in the League and they will be grateful to have gotten a point at home - and by cheating too! El Ghazi a beast. This team is going places. UTV.

• Like 3

Just now, thunderball said:

Disagree, as much as I want a different keeper. Rodriguez ploughed through with his arms, it was two handballs there

Agreed that there were two fouls, so Nyland can't be blamed, but he is definitely being targeted by the opposition as a weak link. He looks too slight to me, like a junior.

Â