Lifelong Villan

Hi to fellow Villans wherever you are.  I am looking forward to being involved with debates about our beloved club!

i first started watching Villa in 1958 so I'm now into my 60th year supporting our great club.  I have currently watched Villa play on 75 league grounds in the uk and quite a few in Europe including Anderlecht and, of course, Rotterdam! I am the internal 'optimist' experiencing many 'ups and downs' over the 60 years.  I recall Halifax, Chesterfield on a wet winters night when we outnumbered the home fans.  I remember hitchiking to Carlise and back from Brum in the days when I had little or no money.  I was at Millwall (the Den) when the referee was attacked!  Myself and many friends traveled to every in the 3rd Duvision.  I was at Wembley for the League Cup Final to against Tottenham in 1971 when as a 3rd Division side we put on a good account of ourselves.  My all time favourite player has to be Charlie Aitken who made over 700 appearances for us.....we will probably never see this kind of loyalty again!  Coming up to date, I'm really pleased to have Dean Smith as our head coach.  He's certainly a man who encourages his team to play in a tradional and exciting way 'outscoring' the opposition is the way I like to watch my football.

good luck to all Villatalkers

UTV