Players that never lived up to the promise

Keyblade

Carlos Sanchez, saw him have some great games for Colombia before and had a pretty impressive World Cup but suppose when he came here you wonder less why he was at Elche and Valenciennes in Europe. Strange though most games I saw him for Colombia before that he was very good without the ball

Stephen Ireland another one who was very good at City but think some players only care about 1 club. Think he mentally gave up on football when he joined Villa

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Carlos Sanchez, saw him have some great games for Colombia before and had a pretty impressive World Cup but suppose when he came here you wonder less why he was at Elche and Valenciennes in Europe. Strange though most games I saw him for Colombia before that he was very good without the ball

Stephen Ireland another one who was very good at City but think some players only care about 1 club. Think he mentally gave up on football when he joined Villa

He had a renaissance under McLeish (I was one of the few who thought he was great) but Lambert proceeded to completely squash that.

On 21/06/2019 at 08:54, carewjust4u said:

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this headless chicken but for me, Adama Traoré.

Look, i know he is only 23 but when we signed him i thought we were signing the next barcalona-wunderkid version of Ronaldo....and instead got this;

He was excellent Monday night. 

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was excellent Monday night. 

I thought he was his usual self.

Came on, made a couple of good runs early on when the opposition were a bit surprised, and had absolutely zero end product.

He's a poor man's Agbonlahor

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And Collymore 

Yep, such a shame that was. Seemed the absolute perfect fit at the time and I remember being incredibly excited by the signing.

Apart from a few flashes here and there it all went pretty badly.

Depression is an absolute word removed.

Two players that we signed from Bolton, both who I loved back in the day before coming to Villa were Sasa Curcic and Alan Thompson.  Both I really liked as players and had wanted us to sign before it was ever mentioned they were coming to us and both for me were massive let downs.  Thompson never replicated his Bolton form for us and well, Curcic, was just a failure for us.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 21:19, av1 said:

"we" did not ground Lambert down. He was out of his league and his CV post Villa confirms it. 

Whilst I totally see your point and Partly agree with you, part of me feels like we ruined Paul Lambert as a football manager.  When we took him from Norwich I remember quite a bit of excitement on her and I was one of the excited people.  At that point Lerner had pulled back on investing and we were spun the story of young and hungry players.

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought he was his usual self.

Came on, made a couple of good runs early on when the opposition were a bit surprised, and had absolutely zero end product.

He's a poor man's Agbonlahor

I think i've always been a bit biased towards him, i was so desperate for him to come good. 

But genuinely thought he looked good Monday. Caused problems, beat his defender and put decent crosses in. Seemed to cause man u to send more players to try and stop up freeing up space for others. 

Â