Ivo Stas

Gary Penrice

Guy Whittingham

Habib Beye

Makoun

Djemba-Djemba

Tonev

McCormack

wow totally forgot about him...celtic had an option to buy on the loan deal which they declined so you know how bad he must be

traore for me the biggest disappointment. remember his debut vs palace and we were so excited about him, then we realised all he could do is run quickly with the ball. he's footy's answer to forest gump and judging by what i saw of him he's about as intelligent too. the difference being is that following his aimless run, mr gump wasn't required to do anything in the sport he was playing whereas adama needs to be able to like, pass and stuff...which he seems totally incapable of doing. a quick glance on a wolves forum indicates that they feel much the same way. i'd bet serious sums of money that the guy will never be an international player...but seems to have the best agent in the world that'll probably get him another multi million pound move

7 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Players I rated who never got the best out of themselves while with us: Crouch, Davis, McCann, Sorenson, Cahill, Angel, Solano, Baros, Warnock, Makoun, Lichaj, Daniel Johnson, Albrighton, Guzan, Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Gil, Kozak, Westwood, Lowton, Sylla, Gueye, Traore, Amavi, Bacuna, Cissokho, Gabby.

Cahill?? How can you include Cahill? He was brilliant from his first match for us, just glides through games, hopefully we get him back

• Like 2

For me it was the Moore brothers and slightly more recently Delfouneso.

Sad to see him as an unused sub away at Solihull Moors for Blackpool the other day.

I also remember going to watch our youth/reserve team im the late 90s which used to be up there with the best. Included names such as Gavin Melaugh, John Mcgrath, Stephen Cooke, Danny Jackman etc. Dont remember any of them playing at a high level. Not sure if anyone remembers?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Sad to see him as an unused sub away at Solihull Moors for Blackpool the other day.

I also remember going to watch our youth/reserve team im the late 90s which used to be up there with the best. Included names such as Gavin Melaugh, John Mcgrath, Stephen Cooke, Danny Jackman etc. Dont remember any of them playing at a high level. Not sure if anyone remembers?

Cooke was at Walsall for a bit before fading into non league. Danny Jackman played for a few clubs in league 1 (Gillingham and Stockport) so made a decent enough career. No idea on the first two. Michael Standing became Gareth Barry's agent in the end.

• Like 1

Solano was bloody brilliant for Villa, one of the best 1.5m we have ever spent. We went from a relegation team to one fighting for the European spots the January he joined.

Was absolutely gutted when he left. Gutted. It was already the beginning of the end for DOL.

• Like 4

Nicklas Helenius, got his shorts pulled down, got some kind of illness, got depressed, got no help from anyone at the club (apparently) and was never heard of again.

Mathieu Berson, when we craved a bit of international class in midfield we got this bloke who O'Leary eventually bombed out.

Alpay - good defender who tangled with Beckham in a national game and was never seen again.

Gary Charles and Tommy Johnson...

Curtis Davies, great on loan, dire when we signed him.

Zat Night - well ok we didn't expect much but he did score against the scum (i think).

Every player we ever signed from Coventry (at least from the 90s onwards).

It never ends..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Nicklas Helenius, got his shorts pulled down, got some kind of illness, got depressed, got no help from anyone at the club (apparently) and was never heard of again.

Mathieu Berson, when we craved a bit of international class in midfield we got this bloke who O'Leary eventually bombed out.

Alpay - good defender who tangled with Beckham in a national game and was never seen again.

Gary Charles and Tommy Johnson...

Curtis Davies, great on loan, dire when we signed him.

Zat Night - well ok we didn't expect much but he did score against the scum (i think).

Every player we ever signed from Coventry (at least from the 90s onwards).

It never ends..

Was just going to mention Helenius. Of all of our summer 2013 signings, he was the most exciting along with Okore. That seemed to have happened to a lot of our players recently.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turvontour said:

Danny Jackman is famous for me as he is only player i have ever seen subbed off and then put back on the pitch. Granted was a pre season friendly but memorable enough 😂

Gary Gardner and Delfouneso both really disappointed me. The both had huge wraps as juniors and just couldn't translate that to senior football at all.

Further back, Milan Baros. I remember thinking we were going to have a superstar strike pairing with him and Angel, but it just never materialised in the death throes of the Ellis era. God I used to score a lot of goals with him in FIFA though. Actually even with Angel my memories are probably fonder than the actual performance we got out of him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Cahill?? How can you include Cahill? He was brilliant from his first match for us, just glides through games, hopefully we get him back

Agreed, I thought he showed tonnes of potential but was also sold to Bolton to fund the recruitment of Curtis Davies.

My list of our most overrated players: Fabian Delph, Curtis Davies, Darius Vassell (only saw the last few seasons of his career), Olof Mellberg (only saw the last few seasons of his career), Jordan Veretout, Jordan Ayew, Rudy Gestede, Stewart Downing, Stephen Ireland, Jermaine Jenas, Luke Moore, Henri Lansbury, Glenn Whelan, Albert Adomah, James Chester, Jack Grealish, Tammy Abraham.

Edited by Michael118

19 hours ago, tomav84 said:

wow totally forgot about him...celtic had an option to buy on the loan deal which they declined so you know how bad he must be

traore for me the biggest disappointment. remember his debut vs palace and we were so excited about him, then we realised all he could do is run quickly with the ball. he's footy's answer to forest gump and judging by what i saw of him he's about as intelligent too. the difference being is that following his aimless run, mr gump wasn't required to do anything in the sport he was playing whereas adama needs to be able to like, pass and stuff...which he seems totally incapable of doing. a quick glance on a wolves forum indicates that they feel much the same way. i'd bet serious sums of money that the guy will never be an international player...but seems to have the best agent in the world that'll probably get him another multi million pound move

The ultimate fraud. No doubt he has an incredible highlights reel of him ghosting past defenders, which cuts away to another clip just before he spoons the cross in the gods.

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Agreed, I thought he showed tonnes of potential but was also sold to Bolton to fund the recruitment of Curtis Davies.

My list of our most overrated players: Fabian Delph, Curtis Davies, Darius Vassell (only saw the last few seasons of his career), Olof Mellberg (only saw the last few seasons of his career), Jordan Veretout, Jordan Ayew, Rudy Gestede, Stewart Downing, Stephen Ireland, Jermaine Jenas, Luke Moore, Henri Lansbury, Glenn Whelan, Albert Adomah, James Chester, Jack Grealish, Tammy Abraham.

Mellberg was a rock, him and Laursen were amazing for us imo.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Â