Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

10 minutes ago, smg said:

We are in the same division they play us next match they are above us in the league and they are on tv why wouldn’t they sing about us ? City rivalry or regional rivalry they really aren’t that far away.

Did we sing about them when we played Boro on TV on Sat? No.

But no real point debating it, we clearly see it differently.

• Like 3

JT, DS and ROK all at the baggies match last night against Brentford. I watched it on tv and West Brom were ok, but nothing too special. That player Phillips though, he played great, if we can keep him quiet we’re doing well. 

They seemed comfortable in possession although they spent a lot of time doing nothing of importance with the ball. And Johnstone played a couple of suicide balls out from the back that Brentford didn’t punish them for. They also conceded late on, so that might knock the confidence a bit.

I didn't hear one boggies song about wolves. Shows they know they see themselves as significantly smaller than wolves.

I think with wolves villa there is a mutual respect and its more banter.

Wba and the blosers is the same between them.

• Like 1

Certainly when I was growing up in the 90’s wolves-west brom was the rivalry. Them playing in the same league for so many years certainly cemented that.

However I get the impression that in years prior to that it was much more Villa-west brom. I’m sure I read an interview with one of the Baggies players from the 70’s who said Villa was the game to look forward to.

And taking into account the much shorter geographical distance between Villa & Baggies compared to Baggies and Wolves and Villa having won more trophies, I get why they’re more likely to sing about us. 

Anyway, a point would be a decent result, but playing like we are we’ll be going for the win. If we don’t make any stupid mistakes I think we’ll be in with a good shout of picking up all three points.

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

JT, DS and ROK all at the baggies match last night against Brentford. I watched it on tv and West Brom were ok, but nothing too special.

They should be bossing this league with the squad they got.

Very much underperforming, but i'm happy with that.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If you look at the squad on paper they should be very good, they’re doing ok but that’s all, and as you say; under performing. 

The old Villa would’ve given them a free pass to get their season back on track... But things are different now!

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I can now say with a decent air of confidence.....its all about managers.😀😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I can now say with a decent air of confidence.....its all about managers.😀😀

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh you've changed ;)

Two of the top posters on Villa Talk ..... Banter with smiles on their faces. That tells me we've finally got it right!

UTV!

• Like 3

Really looking forward to this game. Can't help but feel it's going to be another end to end game of who can score the most goals, which is how football should be.

Smith has brought so much excitement back to watching villa, such a nice feeling to actually look forward to games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Because I'm not mobile enough to get to the games at the moment, I'm trying to create 'match day' at home.

I've got a Baggie"s mate coming round on Friday evening, my four sons will be here and a couple of my sons Baggies mates will be coming as well (wearing stripy shirts).We're going to segregate the seating in the lounge according to shirt colour, and treat it like the real thing!

I've already apologised to my neighbours for the language in advance lol!

They'll be drinking my booze ..... Which is fine as long as we win, lol!

Planning for match day is a real pleasure now.

is Nick Knowles planning the repairs afterwards?

• Like 2