Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

24 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Never sure how much effect these sort of things have, but they play their game in hand on Monday night meaning less preparation time for Friday nights game. 

It's good news for us anyway. We have two extra days recovery. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This one will be tough, it might be between the best two teams in the division right now. I have a feeling it's going to be fantastic to watch. 3-3.

How they get through tomorrow's game could have an influence.

We looked very strong at the back against Middlesbrough in my opinion, defended as a unit. Hopefully, it’s a sign that Dean Smith is beginning to make his mark on the side and long may it continue 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Another opportunity to climb the league is how I see this game

I am the afternoon shift and cant get out early to watch . The rest will do me good 

With that name, I’m surprised you’re not supporting the home side, I’m only joking, I’m confident we’ll do the business for you :)

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We looked very strong at the back against Middlesbrough in my opinion, defended as a unit. Hopefully, it’s a sign that Dean Smith is beginning to make his mark on the side and long may it continue 

That Middlesbrough midfield was as slow as a wet week though. West Brom are far more potent going forward. Much different game.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

That Middlesbrough midfield was as slow as a wet week though. West Brom are far more potent going forward. Much different game.

Agreed, Big Dave looks like he’s going to be a very good manager, I know it’s early days. It should be a very entertaining match. Take nothing away from our Middlesbrough win, we played a very good Championship side off the park on their own turf

• Like 1

Buzzing for this one already. Just a week at work to get through first. I’m gutted I won’t be able to watch as it’s my work Christmas party Friday night and we will be sitting down to eat just as we kick off. Might have the phone out watching it under the table 🤔🤣

I fancy us to out attack these and win 3-1 or 4-2. 

Hopefully the extra days rest and prep benefits us. 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed, Big Dave looks like he’s going to be a very good manager, I know it’s early days. It should be a very entertaining match. Take nothing away from our Middlesbrough win, we played a very good Championship side off the park on their own turf

Absolutely. Nothing to be sniffed at what we did yesterday. Stark contrast to when we went to the riverside in May in the playoffs, went 1 up and parked the bus. Gibson must regret pulling the trigger too soon with Monk. What was he thinking. Looking forward to Friday night now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Absolutely. Nothing to be sniffed at what we did yesterday. Stark contrast to when we went to the riverside in May in the playoffs, went 1 up and parked the bus. Gibson must regret pulling the trigger too soon with Monk. What was he thinking. Looking forward to Friday night now.

Monk is a Premier League quality manager in my opinion, his tactical nous is excellent and his ability to get the most out of the squad is great too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hope it's like that 4-3 at VP a few years ago. Have a feeling it's going to be another high scoring game, just hoping we close it out unlike what we did against Forest.

I hope not, I mean I’d love another 3-0 away win but I don’t want to see any more Keegan style wins. I want to see us more in control as we’ve been in the last two away games.

Albion despite their results haven’t actually been playing all that well recently apparently according to one of their fans I know and he is usually a fairly reliable barometer.

Due to our terrible start we can’t afford to lose this and quite possibly need to win it. Tough ask to go away to another top side looking for the win, if we can do it then other sides will really start fearing us.

• Like 3