Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi 2018/19

villalad21

On 17/03/2019 at 10:34, kurtsimonw said:

Portugal go out at the group stage, where 3/4 teams went through, if Ronaldo doesn't play. He was the difference between them being one of the worst couple of teams in the tournament, and getting to the final.

Argentina would be making finals with or without Messi.

You sure on that? Argentina only made 1 WC final in nearly 30 years and that was with Messi in. Their copa America record wasn't great either up to 2007 which I think was his first appearence in the tournament. Since then regular finals.

Edited by VillaChris

On 15/03/2019 at 20:28, Stevo985 said:

I imagine you could play Messi or Ronaldo in any position and they'd still look brilliant.

I bet Messi playing CentreBack for Aston Villa would still be the best performer on the park.

Probably, he'd just get bored and go score a few goals.

Can see him dropping into the Pirlo role in a few years.

He is 34 year old.

He isn't superman. At that age, both club and international football will ask alot from him physically. Portugal is not winning anything in the near next 10 years, their team is average. I would retire from international football if i were him.

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He is 34 year old.

He isn't superman. At that age, both club and international football will ask alot from him physically. Portugal is not winning anything in the near next 10 years, their team is average. I would retire from international football if i were him.

A similarly average team won the Euros nearly 3 years

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Is it just Jose as a coach and Ronaldo as a player then? 

I think so off top of head

Until Pep takes up the difficult challenge of managing Juventus

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In Pep's defence, at least he generally wins things wherever he goes.

The one that always gets me is Ancelotti. Now I'm not saying he's an awful coach by any means. But he managed Juventus and Milan for a decade, with 1 league title to show for it. Took over PSG while they were top, and managed to not win the title that year. He's now managed to turn one of Europe's most exciting, attacking, teams in to a bit of a toothless kitten.

His CL record is good, but I feel in 2 decades at the clubs he's been at, his general return has been quite shocking.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

The one that always gets me is Ancelotti. Now I'm not saying he's an awful coach by any means. But he managed Juventus and Milan for a decade, with 1 league title to show for it. Took over PSG while they were top, and managed to not win the title that year. He's now managed to turn one of Europe's most exciting, attacking, teams in to a bit of a toothless kitten.

His CL record is good, but I feel in 2 decades at the clubs he's been at, his general return has been quite shocking.

Massively underachieved which is a pity as seems a good guy. I have heard that teams hire him as he calms dressing rooms and egos

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Had to be bailed out at Bayern by Heynckes after the dressing room revolted due to the lack of work he was doing on the training ground!

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

This suggestion that Pep should turn down big jobs because they're too easy is pretty funny.

Â