Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi 2018/19

villalad21

6 hours ago, Cjay said:

https://twitter.com/BreatheMessi_/status/1106024326615183363?s=20

This is what makes Messi better imo, Ronnie swans about getting cross when things dont go his way, Messi gives his all to help his team.

Messi all day imo, Ronnie is an incredible athlete, but Messi is naturally better imo.

I imagine you could play Messi or Ronaldo in any position and they'd still look brilliant.

I bet Messi playing CentreBack for Aston Villa would still be the best performer on the park.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine you could play Messi or Ronaldo in any position and they'd still look brilliant.

I bet Messi playing CentreBack for Aston Villa would still be the best performer on the park.

I disagree mainly because Messi is 5ft 7.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well yeah.

But he's also phenomenal at football.

I agree but it's not the schoolyard so the "best kid plays up front". He's a striker as that's where he's best suited to play and he's not got any of the physical attributes to be a CB. He could still probably be okay just by reading the game but he's not going to be like Maldini. 

19 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I agree but it's not the schoolyard so the "best kid plays up front". He's a striker as that's where he's best suited to play and he's not got any of the physical attributes to be a CB. He could still probably be okay just by reading the game but he's not going to be like Maldini. 

I didn't say he'd be like Maldini. That would be silly.

I said you could probably play him in any position in a mid table championship game and he'd be the best player on the pitch.

58 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He's a striker as that's where he's best suited to play 

thats a discussion to be had...

i dont actually think it is where he's best suited to play but barca had arguably the best midfield in history and you cant ignore his goals, you can make a really good case for him being a central midfielder 

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thats a discussion to be had...

i dont actually think it is where he's best suited to play but barca had arguably the best midfield in history and you cant ignore his goals, you can make a really good case for him being a central midfielder 

I think clubs are a lot more mercenary than that. If they thought they could get more out of him/he was more influential/played best in CM that's where he'd be. 

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Keep in mind that Ronaldo played as a winger for good parts of his career.

Of that list, Ronaldo and Messi are the only players who aren’t proper strikers (well, Ronaldo probably has been for the past 4 or so seasons maybe), which makes their goalscoring exploits even more ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Of that list, Ronaldo and Messi are the only players who aren’t proper strikers (well, Ronaldo probably has been for the past 4 or so seasons maybe), which makes their goalscoring exploits even more ridiculous. 

I've once read a top striker (don't remember who it was) saying that it's actually easier for players like Ronaldo, Dybala, Hazard Or Messi to score as opposed to a classic number 9 like Suarez, Cavani or Lewandowski, simply because they always face the goal and always drive forward.

A modern striker often plays with his back to the goal, making passes, blocking defenders and opening space.

I don't know whether to agree with this but there is logic to the argument.

On 14/03/2019 at 23:37, villa4europe said:

ronaldo 1 final 1 win in a game that he did absolutely nothing in

Portugal go out at the group stage, where 3/4 teams went through, if Ronaldo doesn't play. He was the difference between them being one of the worst couple of teams in the tournament, and getting to the final.

Argentina would be making finals with or without Messi.

Â