Jump to content

Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi 2018/19


villalad21
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

isnt there some sort of crazy stat table thats "goals vs the top 4" in the premier league and messi is 3rd on it despite never actually playing here

been argued every few pages, if messi was a shit club or a club that dominates a poor league then fair enough but he's not, he's at the biggest club in the world, why would he leave? and i also think its lacking a bit of analysis of how his role at barca has changed, they seemingly move him about every year and he still does it, xavi and iniesta have gone and he still does it, he's on about his 6th or 7th manager and he still does it, barca have changed while he's been there but he's remained consistently brilliant no matter how they use him

I agree with most except Barca being the biggest club in the world, I Madrid are ahead there by a good way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:
, i think ronaldo is fondly remembered here for his time at utd but to me he was still young, did some incredible stuff, some immature stuff but he only had that 1 year where he was properly ridiculous, i think he stepped up another couple of levels at madrid, in 5 out of his 6 seasons at united he wasnt in the conversation for best footballer of all time, i think his performances and achievements at madrid slightly muddy the waters as to what he did here, he was simply  a better player at madrid

He was very raw when he landed at Man Utd. He never had the benefit of being in a system like Barca from the age of 13 like Messi was (that's not a criticism of Messi BTW). Ronaldo learned in the toughest league and just got better and better for Utd - that one season as you say, he was ridiculous. Then he went to Madrid and just got even better! 450 goals in 438 games. Mental! Now he is doing great in a new country at the age of 34. While Messi is a legend, I feel he wouldn't have been as good in England than a peak Ronaldo would have been. Just my opinion like. 

I understand why Messi has never moved - why would you? He is the focal point of a team like Barcelona! Ronaldo though earns more points for me by moving to Juve at the age of 33. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xela said:

He was very raw when he landed at Man Utd. He never had the benefit of being in a system like Barca from the age of 13 like Messi was (that's not a criticism of Messi BTW). Ronaldo learned in the toughest league and just got better and better for Utd - that one season as you say, he was ridiculous. Then he went to Madrid and just got even better! 450 goals in 438 games. Mental! Now he is doing great in a new country at the age of 34. While Messi is a legend, I feel he wouldn't have been as good in England than a peak Ronaldo would have been. Just my opinion like. 

I understand why Messi has never moved - why would you? He is the focal point of a team like Barcelona! Ronaldo though earns more points for me by moving to Juve at the age of 33. 

Ronaldo earns more points for going to the most dominant domestic side in Europe outside of PSG?  Slight lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, villalad21 said:

Is he supposed to go to Bournemouth and win the league?

No, absolutely not.  He's an elite level footballer and should be at one of the best clubs in the world (and is).  But to claim it's somehow better to "prove yourself" at a side that has won 8 Serie A titles in a row doesn't sit right with me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No, absolutely not.  He's an elite level footballer and should be at one of the best clubs in the world (and is).  But to claim it's somehow better to "prove yourself" at a side that has won 8 Serie A titles in a row doesn't sit right with me.

True, still it's been a long time since Juve won ucl though, that's the challenge really, forget about the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

Ronaldo earns more points for going to the most dominant domestic side in Europe outside of PSG?  Slight lol.

He should have joined Bari instead? Slightly bigger lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He should have joined Bari instead? Slightly bigger lol

Completely missed the point. Juve is an easier ask than performing as he did for Real Madrid. It’s the easiest ask going in European Football other than PSG (in terms of top sides). It isn’t a challenge at all.

Edit: Thus, how does he “earn points” for it?!

Edited by bobzy
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ronaldo currently is the number 1 goalscorer 

messi is number 2 goalscorer. Number 1 assists,playmaker,vision,passing,dribbling & 1v1

ronaldo doing it at the biggest club in each league he's played in does not give him extra credit

the real comparison is their records in la liga when they were in direct competition. In this comparison it's not even close

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dakid007 said:

Ronaldo currently is the number 1 goalscorer 

messi is number 2 goalscorer. Number 1 assists,playmaker,vision,passing,dribbling & 1v1

ronaldo doing it at the biggest club in each league he's played in does not give him extra credit

the real comparison is their records in la liga when they were in direct competition. In this comparison it's not even close

Messi is actually 3rd on the Champions League assist list. Ronaldo is top and Giggs is 2nd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Champions league isn't a direct comparison. La liga is the only comparison that is fair

ronaldo has never been the best player in a cl final. Was anonymous for 1 for Utd and 2 for madrid. If you watch Madrid games you will know he is usually the match winner but not the best player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dakid007 said:

Champions league isn't a direct comparison. La liga is the only comparison that is fair

ronaldo has never been the best player in a cl final. Was anonymous for 1 for Utd and 2 for madrid. If you watch Madrid games you will know he is usually the match winner but not the best player

mm the 2017 final he was the best player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people are forgetting that Ronaldo has played a lot more matches in the Champions League, his goal to game ratio is less than Messi's.  At the end of the day you can cherry pick the stats but you can just tell Messi is the better player by watching them both.  Ronaldo is brilliant, but Messi does Ronaldo and David Silva's jobs at the same time.  Yesterday Barca were rocking a bit when Lyon were looking like equalising, so he just got the ball, left two players on the floor and scored, then set two more goals on a plate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think people are forgetting that Ronaldo has played a lot more matches in the Champions League, his goal to game ratio is less than Messi's.  At the end of the day you can cherry pick the stats but you can just tell Messi is the better player by watching them both.  Ronaldo is brilliant, but Messi does Ronaldo and David Silva's jobs at the same time.  Yesterday Barca were rocking a bit when Lyon were looking like equalising, so he just got the ball, left two players on the floor and scored, then set two more goals on a plate.

Good point. If ronaldo goals had dried up by 20% he would be not even in the convo where as messi would be the best number 10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â