Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi 2018/19

villalad21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve always said Messi. But now Ronaldo is doing it at his third club and league I have to hand it to him.

It’s an easier ask and Messi is (yet again) outperforming him on every level. 

Fair play to Ronaldo though - he carries on scoring big goals. 

Probably a boring opinion but just appreciate both while we can.

Other great players will emerge over time (Mbappe is already here and winning World cups after all) but the seasons stats these two have been posting over last decade is simply incredible.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It really amazes me that he manages to score hat trick at the highest level at the age of 34.

as he keeps showing everytime he scores.....his fitness is off the charts, the underrated legacy that i think he will leave (where he is different from messi) is he's redefined the athleticism of a footballer, the idea that they peak at around 26-30 and then decline early 30s before retiring around 34/35, not this guy, not anymore, he's got another 10 years left in him if he wants it

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve always said Messi. But now Ronaldo is doing it at his third club and league I have to hand it to him.

I understand why people say this, but it's just punishing Messi for staying at one club.

Do we really think Messi wouldn't have torn up the english and Italian leagues if he'd chosen to move?

• Like 1

isnt there some sort of crazy stat table thats "goals vs the top 4" in the premier league and messi is 3rd on it despite never actually playing here

been argued every few pages, if messi was a shit club or a club that dominates a poor league then fair enough but he's not, he's at the biggest club in the world, why would he leave? and i also think its lacking a bit of analysis of how his role at barca has changed, they seemingly move him about every year and he still does it, xavi and iniesta have gone and he still does it, he's on about his 6th or 7th manager and he still does it, barca have changed while he's been there but he's remained consistently brilliant no matter how they use him

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

isnt there some sort of crazy stat table thats "goals vs the top 4" in the premier league and messi is 3rd on it despite never actually playing here

I imagine that just was his goals vs Arsenal 😂 

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I understand why people say this, but it's just punishing Messi for staying at one club.

Do we really think Messi wouldn't have torn up the english and Italian leagues if he'd chosen to move?

He would have teared up those leagues it’s just a shame we never got to see it.

I think the most amazing thing about Ronaldo is his longevity. When he was about 22, his rivals for best young player in Premier League was Rooney, Fabregas, Torres and actually a lot of people would have rated all 3 ahead of Ronaldo at the time. He is older than all 3 and the only one still playing at the top level

• Like 1

there's so much to digest on those stats!

1) aguero being so far out in front 2) vardy being 2nd, got some huge goals in their title winning season 3) obviously messi being 3rd 4) ronaldo not being on the list, i think ronaldo is fondly remembered here for his time at utd but to me he was still young, did some incredible stuff, some immature stuff but he only had that 1 year where he was properly ridiculous, i think he stepped up another couple of levels at madrid, in 5 out of his 6 seasons at united he wasnt in the conversation for best footballer of all time, i think his performances and achievements at madrid slightly muddy the waters as to what he did here, he was simply  a better player at madrid

• Like 2

Â