Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi 2018/19

villalad21

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why just this year? Lets face it we are probably watching 2 greatest players ever

Best to appreciate it

So different, yet so good in their own way.

Would be interesting to see Messi in another club but it look unlikely.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

messi scored his 10th free kick of 2018 tonight

not a single other club in the top 5 leagues has scored 10 free kicks this year

What a lad!

Still doing it in his 30's, very impressive

What impresses me the most about Ronaldo and Messi is they are rarely ever injured.

Edited by villalad21

I really couldn't decide between the two, i like them both for different reasons. Always wondered how it would be if both played in the same team, I'm sure it would be an epic fail but it would be an interesting experiment.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I really couldn't decide between the two, i like them both for different reasons. Always wondered how it would be if both played in the same team, I'm sure it would be an epic fail but it would be an interesting experiment.

If it wasn't for the Nike vs Adidas they might end up in some Qatari team around the time of the 2022 WC :D

Rake in a few extra £100m 

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

like I prefer watching Paul scholes over Gerrard.

I don't think England will ever have a talent like Scholes ever again.

Such a special player. If Scholes were Spanish he would be more appreciated. How the national team threw him at the left wing is a disgrace.

• Like 1

Scholes seemed to have become a better player after he retired...

I love Messi but it frustrates the hell out of me how people start going on about how he's on the decline if he goes about 20 minutes without scoring. He's the best for me. No other player gives me so many OMG moments.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I love Messi but it frustrates the hell out of me how people start going on about how he's on the decline if he goes about 20 minutes without scoring. He's the best for me. No other player gives me so many OMG moments.

Obviously never seen Bacuna play. I often think OMG this guy is a professional footballer

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

Scholes seemed to have become a better player after he retired...

I'm not sure.  For me personally, my dad is a Man Utd/Bham fan (LOL) and always told me as a kid growing up "watch Scholes, see how he finds space" so on loads of occasions, I'd just sit there staring at him, when the ball was elsewhere.  

When he scored that worldie of a volley against us in 06/07 (I think), I jumped up and celebrated it.. Just because I'd invested a lot of time into watching him & it was a great goal (did the same for Hugo Rodella for that Wigan goal against us lmao).   

For the rest of the UK, he probably has become better since he retired, because when he retired from Utd, then came back and they looked way better for it, people took notice that a 37 year old was still running the show.  His technique got better as his career went on, whilst his arrival in the box waned as he grew older, but he hardly ever lost the ball, his touch to protect the ball or take the ball out of being disposed is the best I've ever seen bar Xavi/Iniesta (maybe Alonso).  And the way he could strike a football?  Wow.. 

I loved the fella.  

• Like 2

I was only having this scholes discussion the other night with some Man Utd fans (who all rate him higher than Gerrard for some reason...). 

He was probably under appreciated when he was playing, but his stock certainly has risen since he retired. There’s a lot more “oh scholes was the real talent...”. beard stroking going on from some people who perhaps didn’t appreciate him at the time. He’s kind of the hipsters choice when compared to Gerrard and Lampard.

I always maintain that Scholes was not as appreciated as the other two as he was never “the star” for his club. Lampard and Gerrard were both pretty much the main men at their respective clubs, Scholes never quite got the headlines at United. It was always Beckham, Giggs, Keane, Van Nistelrooy etc.

Anyway, Messi is better than Ronaldo.

34 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I was only having this scholes discussion the other night with some Man Utd fans (who all rate him higher than Gerrard for some reason...). 

He was probably under appreciated when he was playing, but his stock certainly has risen since he retired. There’s a lot more “oh scholes was the real talent...”. beard stroking going on from some people who perhaps didn’t appreciate him at the time. He’s kind of the hipsters choice when compared to Gerrard and Lampard.

I always maintain that Scholes was not as appreciated as the other two as he was never “the star” for his club. Lampard and Gerrard were both pretty much the main men at their respective clubs, Scholes never quite got the headlines at United. It was always Beckham, Giggs, Keane, Van Nistelrooy etc.

Anyway, Messi is better than Ronaldo.

All of them players and few more would tell you how great Scholes was. He pisses all over Gerrard as a midfielder

• Like 1

Â