Ratings & Reactions: Middlesbrough v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/18 at 23:59

What a performance, what a contrast from the beginning of the season - I absolutely love it!!

Really pleased with the clean sheet too and Nylands tip onto the bar was class. Still looked a bit questionable under a high ball but our back five, overall, looked solid and organised. 

Our foward play is an absolute pleasure to watch and we just look to be creating a chance every time we go forward. 

Dean Smith - Thank you!!

UTV

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

The criticism has been ridiculously savage and completely over the top. Johnstone didn't make a single diving save in his first 6 months and never got this much abuse, he was just sat behind the most defensive set up ever and hardly faced any shots and couldnt save the ones he did - but some pole just looked at the clean sheet record and thought he was good. It's quite satisfactory actually listening to WBA fans phoning in daily moaning about him on WMs phone in. 

That tip onto the bar was great instinct, he's a good shot stopper.

Agree completely 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

In other news... i think liam rossenier is by far the most knowledgeable and balanced pundit on tv right now. Always provides a good insight and tells it accurately. 

He's class, I love him on Sky's YT debates when up against the usual old dinosaurs and he just rips them apart. (Saunders, Sherwood etc)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I honestly have no idea. Felt like we played a team that were bottom of the table. They have zero quality in their team.

I think they do have quality we just didn’t let them show it. Our pressing was immense and attacking play was unreal.

• Like 2

Deano said after the Forest game we'd not defend like that again. He was true to his word. We really have a special manager in charge. Wow. He is, even now, underated. I'm so excited for what this man and staff can do to this squad. In Deano we trust

• Like 2

Thought we were great. I don’t disagree with the comments about Nyland, but I still want him replaced, he’s so ropey with balls into the box, he just can’t command his area. I don’t think it’s lack of confidence, I think he’s worried about being hurt. However a great save in the second half. I also think we’re so much stronger as a defensive unit without Hutton, I love the guy and he gives 100% effort but I just don’t think he’s very good. There was no gaping holes at right back tonight from him bombing forward and not being able to get back in time.

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t think he is good enough for this league and needs to be replaced but the personal abuse wasn’t pretty.

An area of football I can never understand. 

Fair play to him today but bouncing back. 

I don’t think he’s been good at all but neither was Johnstone over his first half season. I think he was comceding half of the shots on target over the first six months. Would definitely give him a bit more time but would be helpful if he had some worthy competition breathing down his neck. I.e. Steer.

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm confused. I was told Deano was just a cog in the wheel. That it was the Brentford set up that was important.  That he wasn't important. Goodness me how wrong that is. Wow what a turnaround.

I’ll admit that I was hesitant about Smith, I believed everything the Brentford fans were saying about the whole cog in a machine thing. Mostly because every time I saw Brentford play last season, the commentators were pushing the same thing. He may well have been just a cog, but given their results since his departure and ours, I believe he was the most important one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

All I want for Christmas is a couple CBs I will gladly have no other presents 

That’s what I was I going to ask for, but as you’ve got that covered, I’d like a new laptop please, Santa.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

In other news... i think liam rossenier is by far the most knowledgeable and balanced pundit on tv right now. Always provides a good insight and tells it accurately. 

I was just about to post this. Best Pundit I’ve ever seen.

• Like 2

Â